Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: =''''''''''[ my tegu died....

Default =''''''''''[ my tegu died....

:( i'm devastated.

i've had her for about 8 months now, got her when she was just a little hatchling...=[
    so i was looking to vary her diet a little more than the crickets, mealworms, fruits, mice and little chicks, i went to buy her some roaches.
    the guy at the store told me that Madagascar Hissing cockroaches were okay...so i bought a couple of them, about 1 inch or so long figuring that Peaches would love them. she did. she chased them around and ate them (in her feeding bin (no substrate). then i put her in her enclosure, turned her lights off (left her undertank heater on of course) and woke up the next morning to an unusually lethargic tegu, barely moving or taking notice to me when i picked her up this morning, i didn't think much of it before i went to school, then work right after that, i returned home at around 8 tonight to a dead tegu.:( ='''[
    before this she was a completely bright eyed, curious, healthy argentine black and white. and now my pride and joy of my entire reptile collection has passed. =[

sorry, just had to vent that..tell somebody, you know?

Default that sucks man

im sorry to hear that. i know how you feel though unfortunately. i had a girlfriend keeping two of my brazilian rainbow boas right after i got them at a reptile show and the uth had a short and it fried both of my snakes. we tall take hits. just shake it off and keep going. im sorry for your loss though. i know how you feel. had a hairless rat pass just today actually...

I'm really sorry, that's terrible.

I mention this only to see if you can find a different source of the death. I can't imagine it was the roach. I've used them for quite some time and they've been great food.

Try to go over everything over that last few days and see if anything seemed unusual other than the roach.

Again, I'm so sorry.
    1.0.0 B&W
    0.0.1 CA Horned Lizard
    0.0.1 Savannah Monitors
    2.0.0 Cats
    0.1.0 Wife
    1.0.0 Child

Sorry for your loss. Maybe it was an unfortunate event of a sickness you or anyone else could have helped. I hope you get back on the totem pole and plunge back into the world of tegus.
    0.1.0 Sulcata Tortoise <Bernard>
    0.0.1 Argentine B/W Tegu <Marley>
    0.0.1 Extreme Giant Tegu <McCain/Maverick>
    0.0.1 Bearded Dragon
    0.0.1 Northern Blue Tongue Skink <Phoenix>

this saddens me to hear this happen. I am truly sorry for your loss.

we would all like to welcome you here at theTegu. join us and perhaps share some great memories you have of her with us.

your in my thoughts.

sorry to hear of your loss.... 8O
    1 Argentinian Black and White Tegu --- Terri
    1 Royal Python --- King
    1 Male Beardie ---Jez R.I.P.
    1 Female Beardie ---Syd
    1 Florida King snake ---Eric
    Lots of fish in the pond
    1 Wife
    2 sons 22 and 20
    Oh and a mother in law

dude i just lost my tegu, so i feel you. i'm really really sorry to hear about this. mine was also an 8 month old. i miss him to death.

Default Re: =''''''''''[ my tegu died....

[quote="freexskate"]:( i'm devastated.

Dear me...that's a tough thing to come home to.
    I know, after 8 months it seems like she's been around all along.
    As has been said, it's unlikely that your new addition to Peaches' diet
    had anything to do with her sudden demise. You'd never know anyway unless you had a post-mortem exam done....and with what that'd cost, you could buy another Tegu. It's an unfortunate fact that sometimes even with the absolute best of care, habitat etc...these things are known to happen...we may never know why, and it may well be that there was nothing that you might have done differently that would have changed
    the outcome. I'm so sorry for your loss. Maybe a bit later on...when you're ready, it may be comforting to think of an old, true saying:
    "Don't cry because it's over....smile because it happened"
    We've been there....we know. It's good to have you here with us
    GMB
    "Be mindful of your thoughts.
    Thoughts crystallize into habit and
    habit solidifies into circumstance."

thank you everybody.
    i've rethought everything i did to take care of Peaches and what could have caused the death, and i'm completely stumped, i'm fairly certain that it wasn't the roach, because lots of people use them every day, could it be possibly a sick roach? i dont know, i'm keeping the few pictures i do have and keeping my memories as well as thanking Peaches for getting me to fall so much in love with tegus. I do think that i'm going to try to gather up some money in the next couple months to try to get a hatchling from the next round of Varnyards. Seriously though, thank you everybody for your thoughts and prayers, not a lot of people know just how much your tegu can mean to you, sure it's not fluffy or say as pettable as a kitten or puppy, but hands down Peaches was the hilight of all the pets i've had in my life. Including the cats and dogs. THANK YOU EVERYBODY. =] RIP peaches.=/

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
    :(