Thread: Any cricket provider that doesn't use FEDEX???

Default Any cricket provider that doesn't use FEDEX???

I want to know if there are any cricket providers that don't use FEDEX. I have been buying from lllreptile for the last few months and have already gotten screwed out of $50 because the crickets died from FEDEX screw ups. It could also be because of the two day shipping, but they have left the crix outside and don't ring when they come. This time they didn't leave the package at all, instead they took it back to the pickup station so I have to drive for an hour to pick it up. Is there anyone that doesn't use FEDEX because they suck!

Lucky Lure Crickets uses DHL, but they're based in Central FL. It's overnight for me, your mileage may vary. Maybe you need to find a closer supplier so you can get overnight service.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

http://crix-n-wiggles.com uses USPS ~1000 ANY size for $20 shipped!!
    I had no problem when I ordered from them before and over count was insane(at least 1500) and now my last order was put in Nov. 25th and I STILL have no crickets. Hopefully this will be resolved soon, if not, I'll be using my roach colonies to feed my Ackies. I was hopeful to stay out of them until my tegus come out of hibernation so as to have more for them.
    Shipping this time of year is going to likely be haywire who ever you use.
    Good luck to us all!
    Tree hugging is the truest form of self preservation!
    http://facebook.com/gisartbiz

Yeah, i guess considering it is around christmas and all that shipping is going to be horrible so maybe I will just have to stick it out, but some of the other deals sound good as well. Does anyone know if there is a provider around Nebraska? I know that all the providers are farther out towards the coast so it takes forever to get to me.

The place we've been using ships USPS Priority mail, usually 2 days. The last shipment had more than half dead. Fortunately there a place near us that stocks boxes of crickets for $25 per 1000.
    1.1 Blue Tegus, 1.1 Cuban Rock Iguanas
    1.1 Bearded Dragons, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon
    0.1 Columbian Boa, 1.0 Ball Python, 0.0.1 Corn

I even tried a quick Google to see what would come up and there is nothing. It's probably too cold and expensive to heat cricket farms.

My suggestion would be to try a bait store or pet store and see if they will order a box for you. Many are willing, since they are already placing an order and just mark-up a small profit.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Buying crickets is tricky. I always make sure I'm going to get decent weather. You shouldn't expect to get fresh, live, and healthy crickets in the worst weather. I don't think anyone could guarantee that!

I've had Fed-Ex deliver my crickets with little problem. Of course I know when anyone is here because the dogs bark, so my crickets are not left to the elements for very long. You can also let them sit for a while, as they can 'come back' as well once they warm up.