Thread: Time To Get Up?

Default Time To Get Up?

So as some of you may know, both my tegus have been hibernating since about late August.

Yesterday I was digging around in their cage to check on them and see how they were doing, and I noticed my red is pretty skinny. My black and white, Dante, looks fine, but he was really fat before he went into hibernation.

I'm just wondering if I should wake up my red and get her eating again, or just leave her? She's not like deathly skinny but she's pretty small. She also never ate before she went down, so I dunno.

But thanks for your help :P
    0.1 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dante)
    1.0 Paraguayan Red Tegu (Azshara)
    0.1 Ball Python [100% Het. Albino] (Persephone)

Florida Death Metal - SledgegrindeR
    www.myspace.com/sledgegrinder

8O wow they have been hibernating since a long time.I don't know how skinny your red Tegu is but I had to wake Zeus up out of hibernation in 08 because he was to skinny ( Rick told me it would be ok ).And it was the end of March when the hibernation season should be over for Tegus ( Rick sad that ).I woke him up and he was very stiff and skinny so I let him bask for a while.The next day I force fed him some chicken/gravy baby food with a syringe ( the vet told me to do it like that ).But if you think that she isn't so skinny that she wouldn't pass away I maybe would let her finish the hibernation.

Thanks for your answer. She is pretty skinny though. I'll dig her up tomorrow and take a picture and maybe you can give me an opinion.

So I finally managed to get pictures of this elusive tegu. I got her a few months back and she's been hibernating since about August/September. The breeder I got her from said she was a Paraguayan Red Tegu :P

Anyway, do you guys think she's too skinny? I think the only thing she's eaten in the whole time I've had her was half a mouse hehe.

Thanks for the help!

she is so beautiful.No, she doesn't look to skinny.When I woke Zeus up his stomach was all sucked in on the side.She looks good :wink: .Did you get her from Kingsnake.com ? I saw a add there last year about the time you got her and I almost got one but than I saw the blue/red Tegu babies and got tow of them.Oh, I almost forgot :oops: .She has a very nice enclosure :wink: .

Thanks, yeah I can't wait to see what she's going to look like when she's full grown.

But yeah I found her through kingsnake at this breeder's site:
    www.undergroundreptiles.com

They're in Florida and I didn't hear anything bad about them as a business so I went for it Turned out well though (and I didn't pay as much for mine as the other tegus hehe).

But thanks for the reply. I'll just be more patient. They'll hopefully be out soon, damn!

Your welcome.Please keep posting some pictures as she gets bigger because I would love to see them.Thanks.

Just wanted to see how she is doing ? hope all is well.

Thanks for checkin up Unfortunately there's been no changes yet. When I dug her up she seemed well and acted normally, but no sign of tegus yet. Fingers crossed lol

Your welcome :wink: .I wish you good luck.Please keep us posted.Thanks.