Thread: my argentine b&w tegu refuses any fruit or vegies

Default my argentine b&w tegu refuses any fruit or vegies

its an argentine b&w tegu he is around two i think tree foot long look healthy but he refuses any fruit or vegies after speeking whit the owner of a reptile zoo i was told not to give only meat (witch was i diet since he was born )i have him for ^ month now and cant get him to eat anything else than meat >>>i tried sticking meat on fruit senting the fruit putting raw egg on fruit even tried to stick it in is mouth but he spit i out immediatly <<>>>>>any help would be reallly apreciated

Hi jeanguythetegu.Welcome to the Tegu forum family and congrats on your Tegu.There are some Tegus that don't like to eat fruits and veggies or sometimes they do and most of the time they don't.First I do not recommend giving him raw eggs.Wow it does sound like that you already tried everything in the book :lol: .Have you tried some sweet fruits like mangos ? if you want to take some sweet fruit and put it in a blender ( make baby food ), mix it with some raw lean ground turkey ( room temps ) than put just a few drops ( unless you use the gel capsules.Put a hole in it and squeeze it out ) of cod liver oil into to the meat and fruit.Be careful getting that stuff on your hands because it stinks :lol: .The cod liver oil is good for the shedding and he will not smell or probably be able to taste the fruit.It worked with one of my Tegus ( thank God the other 3 eat everything ).Hope that helps.Good luck and please keep us posted.Do you have a picture of him ?

Put your fruits and veggies in an omlet. It works well.