Thread: Water "Pool" Filtration

Elwood, IL - Southwest Suburb of Chicago (about an hour away)

Default Water "Pool" Filtration

Hello, I am currently building some new enclosures for my monitors. Both are going to be decently large but I plan on including small pools in them for the monitors to swim in. I'm thinking about 4ft long x 2ft wide x 2ft high for the pools. I will put in my own custom plumbing so I can drain the whole pool daily as my monitors like to defecate in their water.

My question is does anyone know of any filtration system that can handle adult monitor/ adult tegu feces? Being that they are pretty large in size I would need a filter that could suck down and clean out a small dog's sized feces.

If not no biggie I mean I'm going to use 3in pipe for plumbing, so I can drain it all through there but if someone knows of some nice filters that can handle it, I would be interested in possibly rigging that up in there too.
    -Art-

nice ideas.. i deff. would like to see them
    0.1.0 Col. Tegu
    0.1.1 Arg. Tegu
    0.2.0 Leos
    0.0.1 Spotted Python
    0.0.1 Painted Turtle

yeah, so would I... hah. I'm going to do my best at attempting to get everything I want in these cages, but I'm kinda rushed at the moment and cramped for space, so these might just end up being temporary... but who knows... Right now I think the only things special will be the small little pools. I'll def post pics when I get this thing rolling, right now I just started the frame and this thing has to be built in small pieces so I can fit it through the hallway and into the reptile room, then put together down there... so it might take a little while but Ive been taking pictures and will keep taking pics from start to finish.
    -Art-

The first one is going to be approx. 8x4x4 and inside that I'm going to make one side a 4x2x2 (maybe 1.5ft) tub of water. That's going to be for my savannah monitor.

And the other one which won't be started for a long while but will eventually be done, is going to be for a blackthroat monitor I have. That one I havent decided yet on the dementions, if it goes on one side of the room i'm going to do 10Lx5Dx8T and if it goes on the other side of the room, its going to be all weird cuz its gonna have to turn a corner. So itd probably be like a huge triangle and would be 10ft across the front, 8ft tall, and approximately 5ft deep but it would depend... his pool would probably be a little bigger.
    -Art-