Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We have to do something about the spam

Hybrid View

Default We have to do something about the spam

seriously admins. o_O

All they can do is keep removing the threads, they can't ban the users so the posts are just gonna keep coming until Rick decides to finally chime back in.

Spencer
    0.0.1 Argentina Black & White Tegu - Alice
    0.0.1 Argentina Red Tegu - (Waiting for it to come out of hibernation)
    1.0.0 Green Iguana - Napoleon
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Dante
    1.0.0 Ball Python - Monty

I am sorry everyone. We are doing the best that we are able to do.

I hope they find something soon, this is suposed to be a family safe website right? Some adds contain dirty images... :oops:

Thank you Spencer.
    Trust me CodynThor.Angelrose and I are doing what we can.I'm taking more small brakes during my work day and at home to check the forum for this kind of ..... ( I rather not say it ).Angelrose and I are no Admins just moderators.The only power that we have is to delet posts and that's it.Even if we would ban those people that post this kind of ....., all they have to do ( and are doing it right now any way ) is open a new account with a new user name.Rick hasen't came on this forum to take care of things since a looooooong time.Angelrose and I are on our own to take care of this.Sorry.Trust me we wish that we would have all the power that a Admin has so we can keep this forum the way we want it ( clean and friendly ).

well we appreciate your efforts ^-^
    i just hate hate hate spam

Thank you txrepgirl and angelrose for all you do for this site, and for volunteering your services when it can be such a pain.

For anyone out there not used to seeing this stuff, resist the urge to open it and *never* click to open anything in the messages, even if they promise to show you nasty stuff! Anything clickable in those types of spam is usually a trap that downloads a virus or tracking cookie that can lead to identity theft before you know anything has happened.

I know the mods are doing their best to keep the forums clean and I appreciate that work.

But its the spammers! They post all kinds of rude content - and sometimes its the same people posting the same spam in other forums.

Thank you so much every one for the kind words.I can't promise anything but I have a idea what I might can do about this ..... ( you know what ).I rather not say it on the forum what I'm going to do ( in case the people who put the spam on here can read what my plan is ).If you would like to know feel free to pm me.If it's a name that I don't know ( like a new user I will not respond to the e-mail for savety reasons ).Please keep your fingers crost for it to work.Thanks so much.I'll keep you all updated.

HernandosMom.You gave some great advice.Thanks :wink: .

Yes, you're better off not even using the words like p**n. Then when a search taps the word, this site gets targeted as a spam market (or worse, a virus playground).
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets