Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The one and only Arnie.....

Default The one and only Arnie.....

Well, If you missed Arnie. Here he is.....back again...Relaxing after a big meal.. lol......

This is truly one of the greatest frogs I have ever owned. His personality is just awesome..

Rob

Short vid..

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ctures2007.flv

Pics...

Arnie is our star here ....

october, I have looked at these frogs on websites and such and there is non other than Arnie here!!

What did he have for dinner ?

I love the way he is just resting his front legs. Awesome frog!

Thanks angelrose. Thats very nice of you to say.. He ate about 4 large crickets and was relaxing at the top of his tree like a king...

He's really a great pet....I mean, Sometimes we, myself included,don't consider frogs as pets, per say. However, this frog is a pet. He lets me pick him up with no resistance. When I mist him, he picks his head up as far as it will go and enjoys it like he is in a shower. Sometimes, he'll croak when being misted...

Hello BoxTurtle52.....If you think those pics are amusing. Here are some more of Arnie. Truly a one of a kind animal

Idk october, you should write a short children's story or something with Arnie and his girl as the star characters.

They are tooooo lovable not to get any recognition ...

Hello angelrose. I have thought about getting him out there a bit.lol. He does have some low grade famousness on the net...He should be on greeting cards or in ads someplace...... Arnie is ready for the world...but is the world ready for him..

Here he is enjoying his daily mistings....lol.. Notice how he looks up and crosses his arms...lol.......Which cracks me up...

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=MVI_5975.flv

HA!HA!HA! .....He acts so human! Greeting cards is a very good idea. Have you tried other web sites that breed/sell these frogs ? I definitely think it would increase their business.

What size enclosure do you have Arnie and his gal in ?

beautiful 2 that u have there... nice pics
    0.1.0 Col. Tegu
    0.1.1 Arg. Tegu
    0.2.0 Leos
    0.0.1 Spotted Python
    0.0.1 Painted Turtle

Actually, I think his friend might be male.. I am still unsure though. I have been thinking he is a male and have been calling him Chester though.

As far as a tank. They are in a 20 gallon high. Which is the minimum for them. They are both happy in there though. All there needs are met. They have a water area, things to climb on and a basking area.

I noticed there is a frog photo contest on a frog site. However, ebntering means they own the rights to the picture, so enetering Arnie is out of the question..lol...

You know what's funny angelrose...Arnie sat in the pet store for years, until I got him out of there...He was in a tank with like 6-7 other tree frogs...

Also, if you really want to love Arnie, you will love the story of me bringing him home...

The day I brought him home. I only had a small critter keeper to keep him in for the day. That night, I had planned to get him his set up. I had to get him in the critter keeper quickly because I had to go to work. I put him in and he immediately climbed to the top and was resting with his arms over the top for a while. Then he climbed over the ledge and onto my hand. I put him back again, once more he climbs up and gets on my hand and tries to climb up my arm, he did it a third time. I was like come on now. I have to go to work..lol. It was like he was thinking no....don't leave me here in this thing.... can't you take me with you...don't go.....

Truly one of the most lovable amphibians of all time... I hope that I have a lot of time with him. I think he is old so I am glad of all the time that I have with him.

Rob

Arnie is so endearing! It sounds as though he is ever so greatful and shows it that you brought him into your home ...