Thread: new columbian tegu

Default new columbian tegu

Hello I have a new columbian tegu its so. Nice right now its. In. A 50 gallon tank and has a 100 watt mega ray bulb I got the temps right now just got to get the food down for fruits and veg any help would be great

HI adam, Welcome to theTegu ....

Congrats! on getting your colombian tegu. Is it black and white or gold and black ?

Colombian Tegus are meat eaters mostly. You can feed him whole prey appropriate size mice or quail, ground turkey, chicken, turkey, venison, lamb all served raw at room temperature, Hard boiled or scrambled egg, even some very lean ground meat once in a while, crickets (only a few at a time so you don't stress him out), meal worms, super worms.

For fruit you can try blueberries, strawberries, cantelope, honeydew. For vegetables you can try your iron based such as mustard greens, turnip greens, kale.

If you have any pics we would love to see him.

Just be sure not to feed him live prey. Like angelrose said, it can be raw. Live prey can fight back.

Thanks I'm sure he's a gold one I got a album on here somewhere lol

the only live prey i ever feed mine.. are rat pups and sometimes small weanlings.. for my col.. for my arg.. once in a while if a ball wont eat a small rat or the spotted wont eat a mouse.. and im sick of keeping it.. ill throw it to my arg.. and she will eat anything
    0.1.0 Col. Tegu
    0.1.1 Arg. Tegu
    0.2.0 Leos
    0.0.1 Spotted Python
    0.0.1 Painted Turtle

This is why I feed my reptiles f/t rodents.

http://www.rodentpro.com/qpage_articles_01.asp
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

yes i know tisk tisk that i feed live.. but i always watch.. with thongs and a metal rod.. just in case i need to step in for it.. but not once have i needed to with my tegu
    0.1.0 Col. Tegu
    0.1.1 Arg. Tegu
    0.2.0 Leos
    0.0.1 Spotted Python
    0.0.1 Painted Turtle