Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serious Rescue Case (Please Give Advice!!)

those guys actually look very young to me... unless they just weren't fed a lot and their growth stunted or something like that. i have one that is only a year old that is much bigger than them.

poor bandit! have you called a vet to find out what kind of cream or whatever to put on it?
    1.0.1-tegus 0.0.1-iguana 0.0.1-beardie 0.1-RTB 0.0.1 Kingsnake 0.1-potbellied pig 3.2-cats 2.1-dogs 1.1-ferrets 0.1-Quaker 2.1-Zebra finches 1.1 conures 0.1-rat 0.0.1-emperor scorpion

Tara_Richelle Guest

I definately wouldn't be surprised if they are alot younger, the people really had no clue about them :( It's a shame.

Fruit Loop can run around playing for a good two hours and not be tired at all. She is full of energy. Bandit has been playing alot too, but considering her condition she gets tired alot easier. They have had such healthy appetites, and they are happy to have real ferret food again. I can't wait to get some weight on them.

They are going to our vet Monday to get checked out
    My family has fallen in love with them. And they are such hams :lol: they love the attention!

Tara_Richelle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thee01Edge
    I'm not a big fan of ferrets, however I can see a cute side to them - I applaud you with the rescue, and I'm sure you will take good care of them as they have a good home and caring keeper now - Best of luck :wink:
    Thanks a bunch
    This has really meant alot to me.. and shows how a little caring can save somethings life and really make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by punky
    those guys actually look very young to me... unless they just weren't fed a lot and their growth stunted or something like that. i have one that is only a year old that is much bigger than them.

poor bandit! have you called a vet to find out what kind of cream or whatever to put on it?
    I suspected the same thing but as you said, you dont know their background. They could have been fed the wrong kind and the wrong amount of food when they were younger. But looking at my adult ferret Eddie (aprox 2 years of age), hes also much bigger then them but smaller then my puppy Doerak (aprox 3 months) who is almost 1,5 times as big as Eddie and still growing. So you can't really tell by how tall they are.

Tara, do they bite at all?
    Its sounds a bit strange to me that animals that have been mall treathed their whole life dont bite (specially with ferrets who you have to teach that biting isnt something humans apreciat) Maybe they had a better home before they came to live with your neighbours?
    Didnt they say anything where they got them from?
    I'm a bit curious how this all fits together
    1.0.0 T.rufescens
    0.1.0 T.merianae
    1.0.0 Testudo horsfieldii
    1.0.0 Stenodactylus sthenodactylus
    0.0.1 Ceratophrys ornata
    0.0.1 Geocholone elegans
    0.0.1 Python regius
    2.0.0 Mustela Putorius Furo
    0.1.0 Bouvier des flandres