Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: actingh strange

Default actingh strange

So my tegu slept in his water dish last night so this morning I turnd on his light and placed him on his log to get warm he was really cold anyways he's been acting strange like taken a breath and holding it in then hed stand up and huff at me

Not really that strange. It's tegu speak for "leave me alone" or "back off" when the back is raised. Some do it more than others and if they are small, they do it more frequently since they feel so vulnerable. Add to it the idea of being too cold to escape with a slow metabolism, and it's just a bit of talk going on.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Oh ok then well I just found him shedding so could this be the issue as well

yep they cabn get grumpy when they are shedding make sure the viv is kept moist /damp that will help our tegu is just 2 years old and every morning i stroke her on the back and she pushes up against my fingers as if to say thats a great do it again your litle one will settle down in time just lsiten to him at the moment and as he gets bigger he will drop the huffing and puffing when hhe recognises you ...remeber you are huge compared to him atr the moment so he gets frightened easily
    1 Argentinian Black and White Tegu --- Terri
    1 Royal Python --- King
    1 Male Beardie ---Jez R.I.P.
    1 Female Beardie ---Syd
    1 Florida King snake ---Eric
    Lots of fish in the pond
    1 Wife
    2 sons 22 and 20
    Oh and a mother in law

Ya I know they get grumpy I just put more stuff in his tank and when I was puting him into another tank he bite me on my finger oh man did it hurt he broke the skin and when I tryd to get my finger out hit clamped down harder

oww... man ive been there to a point.. had u been touching any food before u moved him? or u think it was just from moving him?
    0.1.0 Col. Tegu
    0.1.1 Arg. Tegu
    0.2.0 Leos
    0.0.1 Spotted Python
    0.0.1 Painted Turtle

It hurts no I wasn't touching food befor but he did have a chunk of shed that was hanging there and I was trying to get it off

:lol: than he probably tried to get you back for hurting him.I know that can hurt.I have been there, too.Not to long ago my Leonidas cut his nose open and I cleaned it and put some medicine on it.He got mad at me and tried to bite me :lol: ( but he didn't ).I recommend that when you want to take of some shed put him in the tub with some luke warm/ warm water and let him soak for a while.Than gently rubb on him and it should come of.If the skin doesn't come of easy and you pull on it you can damage some scales and they can get infected.Was he huffing at you like this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqdlOYJG7P0
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Just seen your videos, txrepgirl - they are great! I especially love the one with your tegu asleep with you - I took mine upstairs once but he wouldn't stay still :lol:

Thank you for the nice compliment.I'm glad that you like them.I just saw that you have been a member here on the forum since a long time.It's good to see that your back.I did that with Leonidas since he was about 6" long.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl