Animals in the wild are mostly opportunistic, and don't have the luxury of being able to discriminate between food options albeit on some occassions dury seasons where the bounty is plentiful.

I think trying to take a piece of Madagascar for instance and duplicate it in your home for your animals could pose a lot of problems, and I've only heard people trying to do this with environments in their enclosure for the most part.

I don't think the particulars of a diet are as important as the constants, and universals. If the chameleons are eating snails for calcium reasons, supposing they are, then there are better, easier ways to supplement them with those requirements. Same with my red tail hawk. I'm not going to give him rattlesnakes to eat because they sometimes kill and consume them in the wild.

If you have successful chameleons consider yourself as doing very well already. Adding something like this in makes little or no sense, and I think you are asking for trouble here. Do you know why they eat snails in the wild? Do you know what species of snail they eat? What do the species of snails eat in the wild? Is there some reason why the chameleons eat the snails? For instance because of a particular plant species that the snails eat that provides certain special nutrients?