Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Landsnails, anyone have access ?

Default Snails

Are you still looking for snails? I can send you some. My friends yard has thousands and I easily picked up about 50 last week for my BTS. I told her I'd come back every week to get more. My skinks would go nuts for the snails before I came across this source but now they are just smashing the shells and not really eating the snails!! Go figure! Let me know if you'd like some.

Default Snails

Are you still looking for snails? I can send you some. My friends yard has thousands and I easily picked up about 50 last week for my BTS. I told her I'd come back every week to get more. My skinks would go nuts for the snails before I came across this source but now they are just smashing the shells and not really eating the snails!! Go figure! Let me know if you'd like some.

I don't know if you need the shell, but I know zoomed sells some shell less snails in little tubs at petsmart.

http://www.petsmart.com/search/index...gkw=snail&sr=1

There are many types of aquatic snails that are easy to breed in captivity and have relatively soft shells. if you can git your chams to eat these rather than land snails I believe that the nutrition would be similar to land snails and it would provide you with another option for feeding. Land snails and aquatic snails both eat algae and rotting plant material and they both come in all different shapes and sizes. I am from Oregon and there are many types of land snails here but I am not sure they would be easy to raise because they are out mostly during the cool part of the year when temperatures are around 40 to 60 degrees and are only out when it is very wet also. I have never been anywhere where I was not able to find wild snails. Just go to a wooded area and begin looking under rocks and digging around in the leaf debris and you will find some near you if the aquatic snails don't work out.
    All American Tegu- Annabelle
    South African leopard tortoise- Lucy
    Gopher Snake- ochoco
    Corn Snake- rio
    Mali Uromastyx- apollo and Darwin
    Beautiful Wife- Sarah
    Lots of tropical fish
    Black standard schnauzer- Zeus
    Red wigglers

I have some argentine land snails i got from a friend but cant ship them because of EPA would not like me to do so invasive species.
    too many tegus But can never say no to the GU