Thread: Scariest moment of my life!

Default Scariest moment of my life!

So taday was oddly warm in maine so i decided to take my female black and white tegu outside for the first time. I had her outside for a while and she was pretty calm so i set her down to bask on our tile patio. then when she seemed to get a little agitated at the leaves blowing in the wind i got up to pick her up and she BOLTED!! I tried to corner her and pick her up again but she ran unbelievably quickly around the side of my house and in to the garage so seeing an opportunity to keep her at least inside i shut the doors. then i couldn't find her again i got worried that she had gotten out, but then i found inside the wheel of my moms car. so i tickled her tail and she popped out and i was able to pick her up and get her back in her cage. AAHHH, why did she do this? she is so tame and social, she will even come out of her cage to see me, why would she run away? does it have something to do with the outside? she was totally calm untill BAM! what happened?

That is scary! My bird got out of his cage one time and I feared the dog had got him. I kept looking and he was hiding behind a pile of clothes!

8O wow.I'm glad that you got her back.It happened to me, too, when I first took Leonidas and Zeus out but thank God I had a reptile leash on them.When I first put them down into the grass they would start running around like crazy and trying to dig into the ground.When I wanted to pick them up they raised they're back like a angry cat and started to hiss at me.I got bit allot of times.But as soon as we were back in the house they were very tame again.It's because they smell the wild animals outside.The birds, squirrels....After taking them outside every day for a few minutes they got used to it.I still keep them on a leash but they just stretch out and bask.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

thanx for the sympathy. il try and find a reptile leash soon.