Thread: Anyone ever done buisness at Exotic Reptiles Jungle?

Default Anyone ever done buisness at Exotic Reptiles Jungle?

If so, would you recommend them, and why, or why not?

Default Stay away!

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I would share my experience.

I ordered a trio of very cheap (30 dollar) snakes from AA Reptiles last year, and they appear to be another entity of Exotic Reptiles Jungle. The first time I called I got the AA guy, who seemed very nice. Almost every other time I called, other people answered the line as E.R.J...

First off, I received no shipping confirmation, and the day the snakes were to arrive, I waited around all day, called later, and found out they weren't even shipped yet. Luckily I was able to be there the day they DID arrive, but apparently they "don't send shipping confirmations."

My snakes arrived on a day that was below freezing (which was exactly what I was trying to avoid when I scheduled the original arrival date during a heat wave) with no sort of heat source (though I believe they were coming from FL which was much warmer). All 3 were in the same bag. One looked horribly emaciated, with its jaw askew, and it died in my hand not 15 minutes out of the bag. One other didn't look much better, but it and the 3rd both pulled through.

I called, and emailed pictures, to explain what happened. They offered to send a replacement, but I would have to pay shipping (which was more than the snake). When I made it clear I wanted a refund, oh BOY did I get the runaround. Every time I called, I was told the man in charge would call me back right away. No response.

I should have fought for my refund, but after a couple days of this I got very busy and just didn't have the time. I chalked it up as paying 30 dollars to learn never to do business with them again.
    1.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa
    1.0 Pastel BCI
    1.0 Carpet X Diamond Python
    1.0 Ball python
    1.0 Blood python
    1.1 Womas
    0.1 Granite Spotted Python
    1.0 Hognose
    1.1 Western Fox snakes
    1.0 Northern Blue Tongue skink
    0.0.1 Red Tegu
    1.1 Mali Uromastyx
    0.0.1 Egyptian Uromastyx
    1.0 Leopard gecko
    0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise
    1.0 Red eared slider
    1.0 African mud turtle
    1.0 Husband (WC) who approves of my addiction
    Mice, hissers, dubias, mealworms, and crickets...

Wow, that's bad. :( sorry to hear you had to go through that. I'm definitely going to add that to my list of no-no shops. Yes, I really do have a list. I've had a few experiences like that with local pet shops and the pet dying just after the return policy/warantee/whathaveyou expired.

Thanks for letting everyone know but sorry we had to find out that way.
    Our family...
    0.1.0 Beardie, Athena
    0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu, Rorschach
    0.0.1 Eastern Collared Lizard, "Youngster"
    1.1.0 Ball Pythons, Fantine and D'Artagnon
    1.1.0 Hogg Island Boas, Finnley and Shazira
    1.0.0 Nicaraguan Boa, Gio
    1.2.0 Rosy Boas, Lucy, Estelle, Evander
    0.1.0 RTB, Ninja
    0.0.1 Red Eyed Green Tree Frog
    0.2.0 Doggies Belatrix and Saedi
    + a bunch of day care kids