Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a legit bw arg??

Pass!!!

If that's a two year old...YIKES! It takes two hands to hold my tegus that aren't quite two years old yet. The nose looks foreshortened and the bottom jaw looks kinda rough. The legs are too skinny, the skin is really loose, the eyes aren't bright.

The only reason to buy that tegu is to rescue it!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

I would bet it's been HIGHLY underfed. My friend had the blue tegu that was 5 years old, and about the size of a yearling. She fed it a hopper once a week. Otherwise it appeared fairly healthy, just stunted.

The price isn't bad, it's a ad in CANADA, so the prices there are different.

The snout appears to be shortened, so you may have a calcium issue with it. If you have a alternative, I'd go elsewhere, but you might be able to turn that tegu around and have a good pet. It's your decision.
    Raw Bear with Salt tastes like Oysters.

I was actually planning on buying the exact same tegu, but I didn't want my first tegu at such a length, so I chose not to get him, a couple days later I special ordered one from my work, and I got it a week afterwards, at a great price too=D

it's been three weeks i think since I've had my little tegu, already on it's second shed, and It only likes to be held by me=P

It isn't the worst price, it is just higher than normal. If you are getting a healthy animal that you have planned to keep for years to come though, the price and your feelings about it will quickly fade.

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES!!! yeah i figured he was small and the guy feeds him weekly only i think so thats probally why.

The price is NORMAL for canada or where i live atleast. The cheapest site in canada that i've found was 109 but i got no replyfrom them, and most of them are usually around the 200 range.

i might wait for a baby but i want one soo bad!!!lol