Thread: Verry Excited

Default Verry Excited

Well I am happy to report that Morrison is accepting fruit and vegtables. I am very surprised as I was told to give him cat food.he has only been with us for a few days. I fed him some ground turkey today and had some mixed veggies I was preparing for human supper and said let me try. so I put some mixed veggies and some blueberries with the turkey and placed him in his feeding bin. I was shocked to see him dig through the turkey to get to a piece of corn. he ate one pice of corn, 3 peas and 2 blueberries along with his turkey and 2 crickets that my pain in the butt water dragon wouldnt eat. He is doing so well. I did have a question about the pinkie mice. I also feed a blood red corn snake and a red tail boa so I have pinkies around. I get some that are quit small about the size of Morrison's head. Can he have these or is he still to young? I wanted to give him one a week to give him a variety.

When I was asking about mouse size when I got my first one that guy gave me an excellent description. If it can fit between their eyes, they can have it. That's the way Remi and Sweet get fed.
    0.1 B&W Tegu (Remington Steel)
    1.0 Extreme Giant Tegu (Smallz)
    1.0 Blue Tegu (Shakespeare)

0.1 Red Tegu (Izma)
    0.0.1 Caiman Lizard (Bubba)
    0.1 Black Throat Monitor (Tanin)
    1.1 Emerald Tree Boas (Buddy & Ezzy)
    0.1 Lavender Albino Reticulated Python (Leelu)
    1.0 Granite Burmese Python (Reaper)
    --
    Too Many. Ball Pythons
    Too Many. Jungle Carpet Pythons

Oh he can most definitely eat a pinkie! As he grows, you want to move him up to hoppers so he can eat rodents with bones. Hoppers have a better calcium to phosphorous ratio than pinkies.

Cat food just isn't that great. I'm sure they could survive on it, but it isn't the best choice. We could survive on Big macs and Whoppers, but it isn't the best choice and would catch up with us in the long run. I do keep moist cat food around and sometimes I feed a bit to my skink or box turtle. But I'm a big label reader and buy organic and holistic type foods with whole veggies and fruits inside.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets