Thread: Male gone aggressive after Seperation

Default Male gone aggressive after Seperation

Hi there Folks,

long time not here

After 4 weeks of seperation of an 8 years old b/w tegu from 2.2 group, he is going very aggressive against the others. Against females, too.

I've to seperate him because he needs a lot of silence after an operation at his stomage. I got him from an other guy, how feed him with rats only.

He came with a female with the same problems, but she is going healthy herself without needing help from the vet.

Now my question: are those aggressions against the group continuosly or will they end, when maybe the others lets him dominate?

Before a didn't have had any problems with putting new tegus from any sex into the groups.

It looks very heavy: the big one walks very fast in the enclosure, going in the burrows and attack the sleeping others and it looks like he will not stop that.

I have tested that two times with 2-3 minutes, then I have seperate him again.

He knows, where the door is and now he is only walking outside the enclosure to find a way in.

One video:
    http://www.myterra.tv/video/4601/tup...ierverhalten--

I have one simple idea, maybe it can be a way:
    cleaning the whole enclosure, put new ground in, cleaning the burrow with new pine-mulch, take every tegu to bath..

(sorry about my english, I'm german nature)

greetz
    Andreas

Hallo Andreas und Susanne.Wie geht es euch.Hoffentlich gut.Welcome back .I'm sorry to hear about your Tegu.I wish I could help you on that one but I don't know what you could do.I have read before that Pine and Cedar mulch is toxic.I use Cypress mulch.Wow, that would be so much work to redo almost the entire enclosure.I know it's a big one.Please keep us posted.It's nice to see you back.Hast Du was fom Markus gehoert ( taucher ) ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Unfortunately, tegus are not robots. They are like people, each with their own personality, and so it is difficult to predict how they will wind up all behaving together. At Jacarezario, we had some tegus that were so aggressive, we generally only put them with others during breeding season, otherwise kept them separate. Also had a large male Caiman latirostris that simply couldn't be mixed with others at all, not even breeding. Largest individual of that species I've ever seen, but ANY female that was introduced to him simply wound up dead. They no longer attempt to breed him, he's to live isolated for the rest of his life.

:cry: that's a sad story.To bad they can't put a mouth peace on him like you can with dogs :lol: . maybe they should try that during the breeding season .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

@ TxRepGirl: jep .. 'm back .. much work

@Tupinambis: Yes, sure. There are no robots
    I thought (and have watched it), if they live outdoor enclosure they behave wild and natural.
    And so have asked if anyone else has similar experiences, especially with b / w tegus.

I am very interested in the study because they are the animals of my choice, although I have a few other reptiles possess.

Beautiful course, it would be if it were a method to bring them back together. Litter smells stronger than the Femorone enclosure or subdivide.

Nevertheless, ever thank you for your message

Greetz
    Andreas

PS.: I take the Google-Language-Tool to translate the text, hope you can read it

I've never bred tegus, but could it be mating or breeding season behavior?

The idea you have of completely cleaning everything sounds like a good idea if you are to try putting them together again. Be careful, I know tegus are pretty nasty to each other when they are aggressive.

Your posts are pretty easy to read. I have a 15yo daughter that loves the Google translator. She has a friend in Germany that she chats with everyday, plus a few more in Germany and in France that she chats with at least once a week. They use the Google translator all the time!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Hi laura,

thanx

yes, that would be my favorite.

The group is mixed from different generations, but at least the old couple could be together again.

The aggressive, I got as 1.1.
    The "Grandma" is now easily with the others. Both are 8 years old.

Then unfortunately I must return a new enclosure built
    Power so fun

PS: and yes.. I'm very careful!

Greetz
    Andreas