ive just recently managed to find an adult male tegu of 4 years old and hes brilliant, i have had my female tegu for about a year and a half. she has a custom built tank that is well over 8ft long 3 ft back and 2 ft high which is devided into 2 sections. it was 5-1/2 ft long but due to me having a male on the way i had to extend it.

so a week later i went to pick him up driving 2 hrs to peterborough. i picked him up for £120 and in a great shape, the seller just didnt have the time and patience to look after the big buy due to work commitments. so i decided to take him up on his offer and have him.

ive decided to breed these 2 and see what the future holds. ive already bought an automatic incubator which cost me £240. it does both humidity and temps automatically. ok so the design i bought wasnt exactly worth the price i paid. theres nothing really to these incubators but decided to go down this route so its done proffessionally. i also bought some vermiculite the day after so im all ready for incase the day comes. i like to be ready for these type of things.........

as soon as i got the guy home and placed them together he was a little nervous. also he,d just travelled 2 hours in a cat carrier. she came out of her hide and started sniffing him. she was so fussy and wouldnt leave him alone. i decided to leave them to get to know each other a bit better.

i came in the garage a few hours later and he was on top doing his buisness. i caught them in the act but he didnt seem bothered. he started clawing her and biting at her tail but i figured this is completly normal for tegus. she didnt like what he was doing and ran quite skittish. i then left them again for a few hours and came back. they were both snuggled up together fast asleep.

they seem good together, i ve only ever seen them do it that day i got him home....but that doesnt mean they havent . this was 6 days ago to this day, and ive noticed shese got a belly on her, not assin massive but plump perfectly round, i look at the male and when hes laid down he isnt but she is.
i hope this is a sign of her possible pregnancy. she isnt being unsettling and just sleeps like he does. theres no sign on any odd behaviour at all like dragging substrate and making a nest.so ill keep an eye open on her atttitude if i see shes walking up and down ill stick some hay in there and let her make her nest......another thing im wondering is why do people go through the process of incubators at all. when there isnt any in there wild parts of columbia and argetina. they lay naturally.
if your enclosure is dead on perfect temps with some sligh breeze from fans and pefect humidity levels then wont she just lay them her self and hatch them.i understand they would need seperating. thats 1 thing ive never really understood if they lay them surely they can hatch them on there own.