Thread: breeding behavior

Talking breeding behavior

At what age do the males start displaying breeding behavior and at what age can they actually breed( Leonidas is following Elma around and doing the Huffing thing and trying to Mount her) never mind he ovuosally thinks he"s old enough he actuall got her to raise her tail a few time but they wern't lined up quite right.) I think she'd had more exercise in the last hour than shes had all year . LOL

Hey is this Bruce? I think I sold you Leonidas. I remember you telling me about Elma your red. Dang Leonidas is going to make some nice babys

LOL.You crack me up.How old is Elma.From what I heard that females are ready to breed when they are 3 years old.Do you see any sperm plugs when Leonidas pooped ? next time when he poops go look.If he has some in the poop he is ready .Wow.Leonidas might become a dad .Now I just have to wait until the female Tegu I found is for sale for my Leonidas :( .

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=110283
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Yes Richard its me and your Leonidas hes eating like a pig and has grown probably 3" in the last few months. I have a home made incubator I have raised bearded dragon eggs in before, guess I might have to get it out and dust it off if he figures out what hes doing.
    I think Elma is about 2 1/2 yers old she a tank about 44" long and I'd guess about 8 lbs her tail is about the same diameter as Leonidas body my guess is Leo will probably have to wait till next year to be big enough to get the job done. But you never know he is very persistent and she seems willing, just have to wait and see. I had not thought he was old enough until yesterday so I had not checked for sperm plugs. I'll check next time he leaves me a present:oops:

Leonidas ate his dinner and than went and got rid of yesterdays dinner Oh boy now to search for sperm plugs:!: did not see anything untill I looked a little futher away from the pile to where he had wiped himself on the sub- stratta and there they were. So I guess he is not only willing but ready as well. Look out Elma.

Oh oh looks like leo wants some desert. round and around they go where it stops nobody knows.

Man I got to get me a life the lizards get more action than I do!
    Last edited by bull11; 07-13-2009 at 11:48 PM. Reason: addition

Haha, Leonidas is a stud. Leonidas was always a pig. Haha the lizards get more action then you do lol! Does you camera take video? Maybe if you catch Leonidas trying to breed with Elma film it. haha

i got some video of xander and mulligan doing the tango....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZT3wf9G3Io
    Greg
    greg@jacobsracing.com

0.1.0 bw arg tegy - Mulligan
    1.0.0 white headed bw arg tegy - Xander
    1.0.0 dwarf monitor - Dumbass
    1.0.0 Ornate Uromastyx - Doofus
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Hamilton