Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member

Default Cypress mulch

I forgot to tell ya'll that thanks to this great forum I went to our local Ace Hardware, my very first stop by-the-way, and found that they carry cypress mulch. They had a whole pallet of it!!! I bought two huge bags of the stuff! I figured I'd have to look all over for it, but someone in the forum mentioned Ace Hardware and that where I headed first!!! Thanks guys!!!!

Your welcome.Any time.Good because you do .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Quote Originally Posted by 3HORSE View Post
    laurarfl, I'm so glad to hear that you also feed the local wild lizards! Now I can tell my husband that I'm not the only one that does this!!! :lol: I'm such a nature nut that I almost decided not to get a Tegu because I thought I'd have to feed him live mice. I was so glad to read in this forum that ya'll mostly feed dead mice. I can handle that!!!
    Yep...we feed everyone here F/T as much as possible. I have a trio of grey rat snakes that I bought last year and the oldest male is having a hard time switching over. He's just a nervous little bugger and was wild caught. I kinda regret having him now.

I have an Eastern Hognose snake that never switched to rodents. She will only take toads and that one really hits my weak spot. We have to go roadcruising for toads and I make someone else feed her. I just can't look at their cute little black beady eyes...sniff sniff. And if they chirp,it's just the worst! I'm such a girl!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

I don't think I could bear to watch them eat a live mouse. When my barn cats catch a little mouse and I see them out there torturing the poor little thing, I have to go rescue it! My husband says, "that's why you have barn cats...to catch the rats and mice!" I tell him as long as I don't see them I'm fine with it!

I guess I'm a big sissy, too! :|

Quote Originally Posted by 3HORSE View Post
    I forgot to tell ya'll that thanks to this great forum I went to our local Ace Hardware, my very first stop by-the-way, and found that they carry cypress mulch. They had a whole pallet of it!!! I bought two huge bags of the stuff! I figured I'd have to look all over for it, but someone in the forum mentioned Ace Hardware and that where I headed first!!! Thanks guys!!!!
    Wow!Your lucky!I have been to 2 of the ace hardware's were I live and they don't carry it.I should have them order it perhaps..I'm really needing it fast!!My old stuff in the enclousure is starting to get stinky!!! Axe
    0.1 Black & White Argentine Tegus
    0.1 Kahl Super Sunglow Red Tail Boa
    1.0 Het for Snow Red Tail Boa
    1.1 Pastel Ball Python,
    1.0 Butter Albino Corn Snake
    0.1 Russian Tortoise (RIP Terdis)
    1 Sulcata tortoise (RIP Jr.)
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 cats
    rat's