Thread: feeding chicken

Default feeding chicken

Hi - I fed my tegu a piece of chicken today, a raw piece of chicken breast. He hasn't been eating anything but mice latley, and I was making chicken last night and thought it looked very similar to a pinkie mouse so I figured I'd try it. Today he ate the chicken and left the mouse behind So Im just asking, is it ok to feed him the chicken instead of ground turkey?

Also, I wanted to let everyone that gave me advice about my tegu not coming out everyday know that he is coming out every day to every other day, basically whenever he is hungry. I remembered someone saying that putting less substrate in their enclosure, 1-3 inches instead of 3-6 would keep him warmer and allow him to see that it is 'light out' and when I changed the substrate I only put 3 inches back in and he seems to be coming out a lot more, hes a lot more active, and eating regularly. So thankyou to whoever gave me that advice

Thanks Everyone!

Alli

Chicken is fine to feed to your tegu. In Brazil, it forms the basis of the diet for our captive colony there. Granted, it is the whole chicken ground up, but chicken is fine.