Thread: Soon to be new tegus or not?

Post Soon to be new tegus or not?

These are two tegus i was offered for free. i posted on the general discussion too. Please reply fast because it either ends up to me to take care of them or this crap pet store, or leaded to the park..haha hopefully that won't happen. these are a picture of them, and please answer the questions on the discussion because i want them, but am still questioning them. they are columbians and thats all I'm asking about.

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.php?t=7493

Here is the picture of the two... can anyone figure their sex by the picture?

take'om!!!!

where are you located?
    the only way you would be able to sex them is if u had a pic of the top of the tail on the underside if that makes any sence but they maybe to young to tell

i live in southern California, all i know is that they are Columbian tegus that are free with a 20 gallon tank.

take it definately.
    My Thor is a Colombian and he isn't aggressive at all, He likes to explore own his own more than he likes being held, but he does still lay around on me and catch some shut eyes. He has never attempted to bite or tail whip anyone. The worst thing he does is let out a sound that sound (like a sneeze) to let you know he is stressed. If socialized correctly they aren't any worse than any other lizard, don't let the aggressive MYTH fool you. they make amazing pets. I wouldn't trade Thor for an Arg. B&W (or any other thing in the world, for that matter) He is my baby ^-^
    www.myspace.com/christcody

1.0.0 Colombian Tegu (Thor)
    0.0.1 Ball Python (Montee)

Since they still look very small you have a very good chance in taming them down.But I recommend not to feed them inside their enclosure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKZCOtVdabM
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I have a very nice Colombian, but it took some time to get her that way. They are not more aggressive than Argentines, just more flighty and defensive. They will need a bigger cage than a 20Gal, so be prepared to spend money on an enclosure.

I'd go for it...you can likely rehome them if it doesn't work out for you. Geez the guy wasn't going to release them was he? Not a good idea...and illegal.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

They are so cute, how can you resist? If they were in Central Florida instead of California, they would be at my house in a heartbeat. Good luck with them.
    Lin

1.0.0 Australian Water Dragon
    6.9.0 Bearded Dragons
    1.0.0 Florida Kingsnakes
    0.1.0 Cornsnakes
    0.2.0 Cats
    0.1.0 Dog

RIP Domino

Buy them!!

If you are up for the commitment what i have found is they aren't too much different in care from A B&W's. I would definitely go for it, but remember the life span and the size. You can't keep him in that 20gallon forever. other than that as long as you follow Rick's directions and that of the forum members here I don't think you'll have a problem. They're pro's!!! :P
    Kelvin

Arg. B&W ~Tegasaurus Rex~
    2 Green Tree Frogs
    3 Anoles
    Snapper Wahmenitu
    Albino Cornsnake Nathan Scott Phillips II
    Black Pepper Roach Colony
    Seemingly a Billion Mollies
    Tropical Fish Tank

Check me out @
    http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser...f-bf7a65a934e9