Thread: lolz help.

Exclamation lolz help.

Well, with Thor's new cage (pics up soon I promise) as my graduation present, and repticon not too far away (a matter of days for the one in SC and about a month for the one in GA) Chelsea and I have come down with ETS (Empty Tank Syndrome) and we have both fallen in love with frogs (over the course of rescuing tadpoles from my dads pool) and we have decided we want a frog as a permenant pet (and state law says that native animals may not be held as pets, not to mention we would be depriving wildlife of, well...a wild life) so we are trying to decide which species of frog would be best, and we where hoping to get some advice. Money isn't the issue but time is, we need to make up our mind ASAP so we can get their habitat set-up and let it run for a few weeks before it is inhabitied. so my question is What type of frog do you find make the best pet? yes I know it is an odd question considering a frog is a look only pet, but I mean what type is the most intresting to watch? to listen to?

basically which type have YOU had the best experince with?

lol thank you guys for your prompt replies considering the time frame I am working with. :lol:
    www.myspace.com/christcody

1.0.0 Colombian Tegu (Thor)
    0.0.1 Ball Python (Montee)

:( Sorry that I can't help you on that one.But what I would do is go to youtube and look up some frog videos and see what people have to say about the frogs.The other day my boyfriend and I went to the Reptile Expo and we saw a frog there ( not very good looking but funy ) that looked like a leaf.The frog looked like it had a raw egg in its mouth but it was his tounge.I'll try to post the short video of it later on so you can see it.Good luck with finding the frog that you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWRmjf9pdhg

this one is funy lol.I like the way this one looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuXjN...eature=related

This is a leaf frog.It looks different.That's why I like it but I wouldn't like to have one if I have a lot of leafs in his enclosure because I wouldn't be able to see him lol.I'll post the video from the expo later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3o0UbI58UU
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I have White's tree frogs, a dwarf pixie, and I have had a Cane Toad, and a Pac-man. By far, the White's are my favorite. They are cute, they are hardy, and more active than the others. There was also an article on them in the current Reptiles mag, but I haven't read it yet.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

My brother and I both have tree frogs, his is a white's and mine is just a regular green tree frog. His is a bit bigger, but mine makes noise...with the dawn chorus... lol

I really don't mind it really isn't an everyday occasion. He also jumps across the cage in an acrobatic way. I keep him in a tall tank with anoles!!! Feeding time is the coolest.

My best friend and I also purchased a Colorado River toad, Bufo alvarius, of the Sonoran Desert at a reptile expo, he is about the size of a small dinner plate and cost about $100 they usually retail online around $150-200 from what I remember, but they can eat just about anything. We call him Tatonka, like from dances with wolves, because he is so large. I believe they also hold relation to the Cain toad in a convergent evolution sort of sense, though I don't remember why I think that...
    Kelvin

Arg. B&W ~Tegasaurus Rex~
    2 Green Tree Frogs
    3 Anoles
    Snapper Wahmenitu
    Albino Cornsnake Nathan Scott Phillips II
    Black Pepper Roach Colony
    Seemingly a Billion Mollies
    Tropical Fish Tank

Check me out @
    http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser...f-bf7a65a934e9

Hello CodynThor...If you want to see the different species available in the pet trade, check out all my threads in this (amphibians) section. However, I am a frog collector so the specimens that you will see are absolute top notch and magnificent. It may be difficult to find superior specimens without some looking around.

As far as personality and size... Whites tree frogs are probably the friendliest and actually like pets. Pyxies, aka, south african bullfrogs, grow to be the biggest frogs that you can pretty much get in the pet trade, as long as you get a male. Pacmans (horned frogs)can be the most colorful, but are very lazy..

I hope some of this is helpful.

Rob

Hey! if your looking on advice on what kind of frogs to get or just advice on frogs visit www.frogfreaks.com or www.fatfrogs.fourmer.com fat frogs is down for a little bit but i swear by both of them

Yeah, thanks for all the replies you guys, this forum is the best with advice on anything.
    www.myspace.com/christcody

1.0.0 Colombian Tegu (Thor)
    0.0.1 Ball Python (Montee)