Thread: Harness

Default Harness

What size and style of harness should I get for my adult male b/w arg. tegu. I would like to take him outside for a walk or hook him to a dog anker.
    Any in put would be helpfull. thanks

Depending on the size you could go to some place like petco to get a small dog harness, the kind that go around the neck and right behind the front legs. I have seen those used pretty often for adult monitors and tegus. Other than that some reptile stores have lizard specific harnesses, but the ones I have seen look a lot cheaper and less reliable than the ones used for dogs.

Oh and im sure any pet store would let you bring your tegu in to try them on for the right size.

Default Thanks

Thanks Condor. I'll defrinatly look in to that. I was wondering about the iguana harness. But you said a small dog one would be better. That's what I needed to know.
    Thanks

I use the kind they make for a ferret.

I don't see why Petco or Petsmart would not let you bring your tegu in to try on a harness. I've taken mine there before and customers and employees alike are facinated. Of course, if there is a local reptile supply store, your tegu would be welcome. I take mine lots of places.
    Lin

1.0.0 Australian Water Dragon
    6.9.0 Bearded Dragons
    1.0.0 Florida Kingsnakes
    0.1.0 Cornsnakes
    0.2.0 Cats
    0.1.0 Dog

RIP Domino

Quote Originally Posted by linlizards View Post
    I don't see why Petco or Petsmart would not let you bring your tegu in to try on a harness. I've taken mine there before and customers and employees alike are facinated. Of course, if there is a local reptile supply store, your tegu would be welcome. I take mine lots of places.

That's true ! I forgot about that. Here, we have a whopping 2 big pet stores ..lol.

I take my big boy in and sometimes he comes home with a gift from the manager for being a crowd pleaser ..

If you take him to a large pet store, be ready for a lot of questions.. "Is that an Iguana?" "Is it an alligator?". "Eeeew. Why would you want one of those?" Actually, it can be quite entertaining. Have fun.
    Lin

1.0.0 Australian Water Dragon
    6.9.0 Bearded Dragons
    1.0.0 Florida Kingsnakes
    0.1.0 Cornsnakes
    0.2.0 Cats
    0.1.0 Dog

RIP Domino