Thread: The RSPCA is against exotics (reptiles). Petition them:

Default The RSPCA is against exotics (reptiles). Petition them:

The RSPCA has a policy against keeping exotic animals, such as reptiles, as pets. They claim:

“Exotic animals such as snakes, lizards and terrapins often carry disease, are difficult to look after and are rarely provided with adequate facilities. Such animals are unsuitable as companion animals”.

To read more or to sign a petition against this 'policy', click HERE.

Rick

I've signed it :wink:
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Albino"
    1.1.0 Ball Python 100% "Het Albino"
    1.2.0 Ball Python "Pastel"
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Cinnamon Pastel"
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Spider"
    0.2.0 Ball Python "Normal"

Me too, also signed many other sources of the same thing.

RSPCA also want to stop the live feeding of insects dont they.

Sheesh !

I just signed it!!

I've lived in some areas where the SPCA fought for control of ALL animal sales, meaning that all livestock (poultry, pork, beef, etc.), pet trade, breeders, ad nauseum would have to be done through them. Unforntunately, the SPCA is a necessary evil, but yes, their powers have to be restrained.

I signed it...

Here is a link to the ASPCA's position...they lump all reptiles in with apes, big cats, etc. All in all it's pretty ignorant.

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer...=adopt_exotics

I signed it. I dont know why they have to be like that. I mean theres a point where you gotta say were being just as little to hard. I dont know, hope this petition bring s a good outcome.

This ASPCA sounds even worse then our animal protection agency who claim the same as ASPCA. Only they dont have the power (yet) to do the same as your ASPCA...luckely.
    I always take parots as example...they are exotic pets too but they are so common in households today that the fact that they are exotic thends to be forgotten by these ppl...
    Shortsighted ignorant *** *mumbles some words which dont need to be writen down on forums*
    1.0.0 T.rufescens
    0.1.0 T.merianae
    1.0.0 Testudo horsfieldii
    1.0.0 Stenodactylus sthenodactylus
    0.0.1 Ceratophrys ornata
    0.0.1 Geocholone elegans
    0.0.1 Python regius
    2.0.0 Mustela Putorius Furo
    0.1.0 Bouvier des flandres

Actually, that's a very common misconception. The SPCA does NOT have the power to do half the things they do, everyone just thinks that's the case. They're even more restricted than the police, by law they aren't supposed to enter anyone's property without consent, court order, or presence of a police officer under the suspicion that a crime is being committed. It's just a case that usually they barge into a situation and everyone thinks they have the lawful consent to do it or that they are acting under humanitarian measures, but they aren't officially sanctioned as judicial enforcers and therefore a lot of what they do can be challenged as unsanctioned. However, beings as most people (including judges and police) are quite ignorant in the matters of animal husbandry and such, they typically defer to the judgement of SPCA officials as experts.