Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look at my boys!

Default Look at my boys!

Check out my boys!

From left to right: Kranky 23 years old, Buckshot 24, Kodi 3, and Jake 10.

What a good-looking group, eh?
    The most experienced breeder of B & W Arg. and Red Tegu's--Johnny LaRocca!

He learned from his friend and the most influential reptile breeder in America, Bert Langerwert. In Bert's newly published biography he has this to say about Johnny LaRocca....page 419 "Johnny LaRocca... the one breeder I worked most closely with studying tegus. His tegus are the best I have seen produced anywhere except on my farm".

Purchased my Awesome Tegu from teguterra.com

Here's a close-up of Kodi 's eyes.

He learned from his friend and the most influential reptile breeder in America, Bert Langerwert. In Bert's newly published biography he has this to say about Johnny LaRocca....page 419 "Johnny LaRocca... the one breeder I worked most closely with studying tegus. His tegus are the best I have seen produced anywhere except on my farm".

Awesome! I have one named Smokey, think he is a quarter horse. I forgot to include him in my signature!
    1.0.0. English Budgie (Peanut)
    1.0.0. Red-Eared Slider (Rocky)
    1.0.0. Bearded Dragon (Gomek)
    www.youtube.com/SnakeEyes223

wow i bet that cost you a pretty penny.

Beautiful animals. Why are you 3horse, not 4horse?
    Lin

1.0.0 Australian Water Dragon
    6.9.0 Bearded Dragons
    1.0.0 Florida Kingsnakes
    0.1.0 Cornsnakes
    0.2.0 Cats
    0.1.0 Dog

RIP Domino

I miss mine! I had a Welsh cob growing up and then a wacko white Appaloosa. When I was at school at U of FL I volunteered nights with Equine Neonatology babysitting high end race horse foals and took care of a wild herd of cranky pony mares for the graduate students doing equine research. But I haven't really been around horses since. Once in a blue moon a friend will invite me to ride or we'll rent some hack horses.

I envy you and your handsome boys!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Well I accidently put 3Horse instead of four. I used to have 3 then I bought Kodi as a yearling. I wanted to go back and change it, but I didn't know if I could without losing my previous posts.

Yeah, they do cost alot. My husband and I never had children so we don't have the cost of raising kids. I don't know how parents make it these days. Everything is so expensive. With horses if you take care of them properly you can keep the vet. bills down most of the time. Of course they are very good at injuring themselves.

Sounds like you had some awesome experiences with horses when you were in college laurarfla! I didn't get to own horses till I was 22 years old. My parents couldn't afford to buy me one when I was a kid...with four kids it was hard to make ends meet as it was.

It's definitely not easy keeping horses with the economy the way it is. With the slaughter facilities shut down and people losing their jobs, there is an over-abundance of horses right now. Rescue facilities are jammed packed full and people are abandoning their horses. Now is not the best time for horses. You can actually get a horse for next to nothing.

I've been able to keep my horses during this time, but it's not easy. Feed prices, bedding prices, and vet. costs have risen dramatically. We've also suffered a bad drought here so I've had to find hay to feed in place of their dead pasture. Fortunately we've finally had a nice amount of rain, and the grass has started growing and turning green again.

Around here the hay prices are really high and there was a shortage of hay the last two years. Since we live in a metro/suburban area, it can cost $400/mo just for boarding, usually just partial.

Yep...kids are expensive, no denying it!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Wow! That took me by surprise.

What BEAUTIFUL looking boys you have there, 4HORSE .. ..And awesome pics!

I would be proud to own those! Bless you for taking such good care of them.