Thread: took in a homeless cat

Default took in a homeless cat

this cat followed me and my g/f home thursday night at like 3am while we were walking home from some party (i was completely trashed). this cat follows me for like 10 blocks and we end up at my house. the cat is lookin kinda thin, so i feed him some Fancy Feast that i give to my colombian sometimes.
    the next day we wake up and he still out there waiting for us, so we go outside and play with him for a bit and then we walk to the store wich is about 8 blocks away, and the cat follows us all the way there and back (leading the way most of the time). So i was like "okay this cat is mine". So the cat is mine. His name is Todd.

Argentine B&W Tegu 1.0.0 "Flo"
    Argentine Red Tegu 1.0.0 "Bubbles"
    Colombian Gold Tegu 0.0.1 "Skillet"
    Ball Python 1.0.0 "Djimon"
    Jungle Carpet Python 0.0.1 "Alucard"

R.I.P. Yoshi

Congratulations,...on the new addition, he chose you. But he's obviously tame and not a stray or feral cat some one maybe looking for him. Just make sure you do the right thing and check to see if they are. Put up posters, take him to the Vet for a check up and to have him scanned to see if he has a microchip. If he does, contact the owners to let'em know that you found him and to find out whether or not they still want him. While there check their Lost and Found post board, folder or what ever they may have. Not everyone has their pets micro chipped.

There's nothing wrong with keeping the cat, just as long as you make sure you do what you can to make sure he's not lost and there's someone missing and looking for him. I commend you for helping him out, taking him in and judging from the pics so does he .

This may sound a lil personal but don't take it the wrong way. It just irritates me when people take in animals that they find. Without any regards for who it belongs to or who may be looking for it. Its happened to me (my dog was micro chipped) and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

What a sweet cat. I agree with Bubblz. Please make sure, as best you can, that some brokenhearted person did not loose the cat. It could have jumped out of someones car or wandered from a strange place where his owners were visiting. The local animal shelters usually keep a list of people looking for lost pets, even when they are not microchipped. If you do not succeed, I am sure he will have a happy home with you.
    Lin

1.0.0 Australian Water Dragon
    6.9.0 Bearded Dragons
    1.0.0 Florida Kingsnakes
    0.1.0 Cornsnakes
    0.2.0 Cats
    0.1.0 Dog

RIP Domino

yeah i plan to take him to the vet and all that and i'll check to make sure nobody is missing a cat. but, i'm pretty confident that it's a stray. he didnt have a collar or anything, and he was really skinny. but until i find out that it's someone else's, he is refusing to leave my house. so he's my temporary roomate..... permanent hopefully.
    Argentine B&W Tegu 1.0.0 "Flo"
    Argentine Red Tegu 1.0.0 "Bubbles"
    Colombian Gold Tegu 0.0.1 "Skillet"
    Ball Python 1.0.0 "Djimon"
    Jungle Carpet Python 0.0.1 "Alucard"

R.I.P. Yoshi

Love the ear tufts! I'm definitely a cat person!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

haha that happened to me a few weeks ago. Some stray cat was under a car and it walked up to me and i was like this is weird and pet it some and then walked away and it followed me for a few blocks. So i picked it up and said if it doesn't try and jump out of my arms its mine. So i walked the remaining five blocks and he just stayed on the front porch and my gf and I fed him and he just hangs out outside and is usually on the porch in the morning and we feed him and stuff. once an animal lover always an animal lover.

My orange kitty is 18yo now. He still sleeps me with every night. He will be a sorely missed kitty when he passes. :(

My daughter has a mischievous grey cat that's about 9. They stay at opposite ends of the house and he sleeps with her on her bed.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets