Thread: Just an update and a question

Default Just an update and a question

So I ordered the MVB light for Bobby, also ordered some mice they should be here next week. ACE Hardware will have the cypress mulch for me on Wednesday. I had to put his tank back upright because I noticed his nose was getting a little red mark from rubbing on the screen.

Anyhow I had him out yesterday while his cage was getting cleaned. I had set up a basking light for him had some food and water on a tarp and all that great stuff. Well he went exploring under everything. He ended up underneath a large cabinet and has been there ever since. He's curled up and sleeping. Not even coming out for food. Its only been a day but I worry a little. I'm also rolling my eyes a bit with the idea that I have all this great stuff coming for him and he decides to sleep? hahaha. He's never hibernated before but that would be my luck. I'll have to have my friend help dig him out when she comes to feed Draggy.

What are the signs of hibernation? How do you know they're hibernating and not sick? How do you care for them while they're hibernating?

Also, I have a houseguest.... Draggy, water dragon, is rooming with me until my friend can get a new place to live. (A few days after getting him she lost her apartment). Her sister had him for about a week but didn't want him there anymore. She comes over every day to take care of him and spend time with him. He's looking great. I really couldn't have found a better person for him.

Does anyone know if cypress mulch is a good substrate for a water dragon?

Wow I ordered the MVB from MegaRay on Sunday and its here already!!! I set it up and Bobby is already under it. I've been letting him free roam the living room now that I have it "lizard proof". I put an old table cloth down for a water/food/basking area and he seems to love it.