Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harness?

Hey BoxTurtle52, that would be interesting to watch....putting a harness on an anole!!! I put a reptile harness on Tank and she hated it! I'm going to look for one of those guinea pig or ferret harnesses.
    The most experienced breeder of B & W Arg. and Red Tegu's--Johnny LaRocca!

He learned from his friend and the most influential reptile breeder in America, Bert Langerwert. In Bert's newly published biography he has this to say about Johnny LaRocca....page 419 "Johnny LaRocca... the one breeder I worked most closely with studying tegus. His tegus are the best I have seen produced anywhere except on my farm".

Purchased my Awesome Tegu from teguterra.com

My B&W Arg "Gibson" has never worked well with a harness. He doesn't struggle with it like it bothers him, but will not walk upright with it on. As long as it is on him, he would just scoot arround on his belly as if trying to shed it. I don't let him roam to far away, and he always comes and does a passby as if checking in with me.

Anole harnesses crack me up, lol!

My Colombian won't walk with one of those thick front leg harnesses. The Argentines use a ferret harness and could really care less about it. But the material is lighter and less restrictive.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets