View Poll Results: Do you ever get tired of answering the same questions?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 17.65%
  • No

6 35.29%
  • Sometimes

7 41.18%
  • Never

1 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ?...Does anyone else,..

I Agree and all were very well said,..but how hard is it to check the forum home page and go through the subjects just in case someone else already asked the same question you have? Most of those threads aren't that old and the info is usually about as up to date as its gonna get. I know,..coinsidences happen where you could've been posting the same question at the same time as some one else. But no matter how you ask the question (if its already been answered that day or recently) you're pretty much goin to get the same answer. Be it copy and paste (like this reply ), verbatum, off the top of the noggin or what ever, its basically the same.

I know some people don't like to, don't want to and or are just not use to doing the work and having to put in the time it takes to find the info and they would rather be spoon fed everything. Not to mention people that ask the questions then don't even take the advise. Thats a whole new thread in itself .

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from asking questions,..would never do that. But like wyattroa said (keeping it about Gus') with out the repeats,...this forum (and others) wouldn't be that active. Kind of like when the Gus' go down for the year and everything slows down. Although it would also push people to talk about other things .

Some times I just don't get it,..you open a thread, read it and reply. Open another one, above it, below it, what ever, posted the same day. Different subject for the heading but you read it and its the same exact question, with the same answers,... from the same people.

I swear there are times when I'm sitting there looking at the screen like ,...Dude, are you serious. So you can't always say the answers are hard to find when they're right there in front of you.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

Being new to the Community Its really hard to just jump in and ask questions.. I was on another forum and and asked a newbie question, i got a reply that was nice and helpful but then the next day i saw a thread where that same person who answered me, was making fun of me for the question i asked..:-(

I think that these forums are here for people to talk together, ask questions, relate and learn from each other... If that means people asking the same questions i think its fine..Thats how we learn. and who knows maybe one of the new people asking the same questions over and over will help someone else one day. i think that we all have something to share /learn from each other. Not everyone has the same experiance, all we can do is continue to learn by asking questions. If these people didnt ask the same questions over and over then i would be worried.. Think about how many New tegu owners would have wrong lighting or how many tegus would be impacted because or the wrong substraight being used...or not feeling the correct things wrong heat ect. ect. We were all in that same position in one time or another.

Quote Originally Posted by BogganR View Post
    Think about how many New tegu owners would have wrong lighting or how many tegus would be impacted because or the wrong substraight being used...or not feeling the correct things wrong heat ect. ect. We were all in that same position in one time or another.

Once again,...I agree but :lol:.

Think about how often it happens any way, even with the repeat questions :| because people don't take the advise even if everyone agrees and its spot on, can't go wrong by doing it. We have all come across people that are just looking for someone to tell them what they want to hear. Even if they are dead wrong, so they don't take the advice and they do what they wanted to do in the first place. So what was all of that for,...I guess hopefully someone else got something from it.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

Sorry for bringing back a dead thread, but I am here to warn you guys. On arachnoboards(I am a member on that site) many people started to feel the same way. Now, every time someone asks a question(even a very good one) they are flamed for not using the search function, and many times they quit the forum. IMO, you can't really judge people based on whether the questions they ask have been asked before.

book long post's??........sigh.:arrow:
    You can contact me at

myspace.com/only1boozer