Thread: i lost my friend do to rita

Default i lost my friend do to rita

I lost my little tegu do to rita. :( This sucks soo much. I had to leave my friend behind since the people I was gonna stay with up in dallas didnt allow pets in there house. I didnt imaged that rita was gonna hit beaumont directly. I was only planning on staying in Dallas for 4 days when the storm went away. In the past, hurricanes that was headed for the Beaumont area always missed us and hit east of us to LA. After it hit, noone was allowed back to Beaumont for like 2 weeks. I was worried sick about my tegu. I put couple of mice in the enclosure as well as half a gallon of water. When i returned yesterday, half of my house was blew away with my tegu and all his stuff. At first Rita was headed for houston and was gonna hit that city directly but instead, it hit my city!!! I'm so evastated. Now im planning on staying with my friends and stuff.

I'm asking the tegu community to help me out. Does anyone have a Argentine tegu that is around 10-20in that would be more than happy to sell me? I had my tegu back in June when he was 14inches. When i left to evacuate, he was 22inches. I took cared of him for about 3-4months. Now I feel lonely without my little friend.

Sorry to here this news :( - Check and see if this one is still for sale ...

http://www.thetegu.com/postt1454.html
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Albino"
    1.1.0 Ball Python 100% "Het Albino"
    1.2.0 Ball Python "Pastel"
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Cinnamon Pastel"
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Spider"
    0.2.0 Ball Python "Normal"

Without wanting to drag up too many bad memories. Did you actually see a body, or is there a chance he could of escaped and be living wild ?

his enclosure is broken in my neighbors yard..he probably is living in the wild.. hopefully he grows to be an adult and live a happy life. :cry:

Yeah thats kinda were I was going with that.

Survival instinct will prevail, assume he made it thorugh the storm ok.