Thread: sexing- new tegu owner

Default sexing- new tegu owner

Hi I recently got a 2 foot argentine black and white tegu that was ordered as a male but I just saw another the same size as mine that looks to already be getting jowls where mine is not I can't feel any bbs on either. I can send pics by phone or email as im at work.

How big is it? My calypso is roughly 3 feet, a little less, and I cannot feel bbs or see jowls, but we think its a male because of how muscular the jaw is. Mine is too small to feel the bbs though, so it's still a guessing game right now. I hope that helps somewhat..

Hi BPLee. Welcome to our Tegu forum family and congrats on your new Tegu. Is your Tegu this small because he is still a baby or do you know if he hibernated ( they don't grow when they hibernate ) ? If he is a baby it's to soon to feel the bb's. Some mature sooner then other. Did you order your Tegu from a breeder ? If yes, did he probe your Tegu ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl