Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New tegu!!!

Default New tegu!!!

Well, I was holding off to say anything until I was sure it was going to be a final deal. I'm getting a new tegu for Christmas! Do you guys remember Snake Charmer's big, dark Colombian tegu, Chester? He's coming to live with me! I'm so excited! I haven't exactly told my husband yet...I don't think he'll be as excited. lol Chester is sort of my Christmas present to myself.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Congrats!!! Chester is a really good looking Tegu! I wanted him when i first saw him im glad he is going to a good home!

Wow laura, Congrats !!! I was eyeing that fella myself.

:lol: you are so funny by not telling your husband about the new family addition. I wish I could see the look on his face when you tell him. Congrats on your new Tegu. I can't wait to see some pictures .It's been a while that I have seen any pictures of Chester :sad:.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Well, we've had Rexie, the red male for a year now and he's 2 years old. My husband was looking at him the other day and asked, "Is that the one we got in the mail as a little one?" I said, "No. Well, we got him in the mail, but he was already a year old. Kreacher in the cage above him is the one we got 2 years ago as a little hatchling with a green head. " He says, "Oh yeah, that's right."

Then when Kreacher is out, he always asks if that's the red one because she has a really ornage belly. It makes me want to slap my forehead! He has finally remembered Oreo's name after four years! So, the tegus aren't really his thing, lol! One day he'll see Chester and say, "Who is that one?"
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs

Congratulations, Laura. If you don't tell your husband, maybe he won't notice Chester for awhile. I was looking at him too since my cage is 3' x 6' and a Columbian is smaller than an Argentine... a better fit. My husband totally refuses to get another tegu since Domino died. It would be too obvious to suddenly have a tegu in what is now an empty cage so no sneaking one in for me. :( Let's see some pics asap.
    Lin

1.0.0 Australian Water Dragon
    6.9.0 Bearded Dragons
    1.0.0 Florida Kingsnakes
    0.1.0 Cornsnakes
    0.2.0 Cats
    0.1.0 Dog

RIP Domino

Congrats on your new tegu
    1.0.0. English Budgie (Peanut)
    1.0.0. Red-Eared Slider (Rocky)
    1.0.0. Bearded Dragon (Gomek)
    www.youtube.com/SnakeEyes223

Laura. That is so funny but sad, too.

Hi Lin. It's nice to see you here. That is a very good idea you had about Chester lol. I'm sorry that your husband isn't ready yet for a new Tegu :( . Hang in there. Hope all is well. Take care.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

Well, Chester is due to arrive this am by 10:30. Hubby is barely speaking to me since he found out last night that I bought another tegu. sniff sniff My husband is my best friend outside of my girlfriends, so that's a real tough one. I don't recommend sneaking animals into the house as a way to acquire a new tegu. They really must be an addiction!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs

:-( I'm sorry to hear that he is mad at you. But the good thing is that you know that he will always love you no matter what .Don't worry he will get used to this Tegu, too, hopefully. Please don't forget to post some pictures off him. Thanks.

Our videos :