Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Terraruim Build for Azeurus Dart Frogs

That is a very creative and cool idea!
    1.0.0. English Budgie (Peanut)
    1.0.0. Red-Eared Slider (Rocky)
    1.0.0. Bearded Dragon (Gomek)
    www.youtube.com/SnakeEyes223

That is VERY nice!! And the frogs are quite cute

Has anyone tried Great Stuff in a tegu enclosure? Is it strong enough to stand up to a digging attack by an adult tegu with a sense of mission?

I can vouch that if an adult felt like destroyin the foam he most likely would haha. A solution though would make the driftwood in the background stand out more than the foam to make it so he cant get to the foam as easily.

absolutely beautiful. Best of luck to you keeping those fragile little guys alive.
    1 leopard gecko
    1 gargoyle gecko
    125 gallon fish tank african cichlids
    1 red tegu
    1 jeweled lacerta
    1 western hognose
    1 coastalxjungle carpet python
    1 argentine red tail boa
    1 braziliain rainbow boa
    2 lightening blue geckos
    1 tokay gecko
    hundreds of roaches

cool! that's a really nice setup.
    I'm working on a 30 gal for gray treefrogs. can grays and poisons live together? if their the right size? just wondering

I wouldnt advise it...but thats just my personal preference...it may work because they grays eat larger food then the posions...so there would be no competition for food. Other then that...The posions MAY (i am not sure) like it warmer then the grays would, but i dont know for certain.
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Albino Burmese Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad
    1.0.0 Albino Western Hognose

Roaches (Dubia & Lateralis)

I wouldn't mix. For starters gray tree frogs aren't tropical while PDF's are which means different humidities and daytime/night temps. Also, this particular specie of PDF is diurnal while the tree frog is nocturnal. And then theres also the food issue, its just not a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty View Post
    Also, if the first time the substrate doesnt stick to the foam you can always add more foam where the substrate didnt stick and throw on more substrate and pat it down realllly hard.
    Hello Kitty,

Thanks for the tips!

We're building a tank for our tree frogs and have been looking at many ideas. We liked yours so we tried it yesterday.

What we did was setup the branches over a thin styrofoam plank. Then used Parfix Foam Fill Triple Expanding to seal them to the background and to add texture to it.

Immediately we covered it with coco peat and left it to dry overnight.

We checked it this morning and most of the coco peat didn't stick.

It looks quite thick now to add another layer, plus I'm afraid that the result would be the same...

What would you do? any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Mariano

Hi Mariano. Just would like to welcome you to our Tegu forum family. I hope Kitty will get back with you on that one. Because her last post about this was in May of 2011. I wish I could help you on this one. But I never made a wall like this before ( not yet ). Good luck with it .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Hi Mariano,

Sorry for the late reply, I've never used the product that you've used, but in my experience if I didn't like how the background turned out I would shave the foam down (a huge pain in the butt I know) and then add the second layer of foam. I hope this helps!