Thread: Hatching Axolotls!

Default Hatching Axolotls!

To start off for all of those who dont know what an axolotl is visit: http://www.axolotl.org/

So I started a new job at a pet spa and they had 2 lecustic axolotls. Having recently lost mine I kinda went crazy and ran over to the cage and behold they had eggs in there! And at a closer look they were fertile! My boss, not really caring about them said "oh the lizards? yeah that isnt the 1st time that they've laid eggs I just let them eat them" he then noticed that I had an interest in them and told me that if I wanted the eggs I could (and if I wanted the parents I could trade labor for them )

I only have my cellphone cam so the pictures of the eggs aren't the best.

Keeping them in a Kritter Keeper

Clusters of eggs on the bottom of the tank, and if you can tell you can see a baby axo larvae almost ready to hatch.

Clusters of eggs stuck on fake plants.

The axos are hatching (my camera phone just cant capture them without it just looking like a blurr) and I have about 20 of them so far eating off fresh hatched brine shrimp. I'll probably have too many of them to handle so if anyones interested in them when theyre ready to go (apx 6-8 weeks) I'd be happy to ship em out if your willing to pay shipping.

Congrats! Axos are rewarding and extremely interesting to keep. Having eggs that are hatching must be very amzaing. Good luck with them!
    0.1.0 Argentine B&W, Finn
    1.0.0 Blue Tegu. Digit (he's missing most of his toes)
    2.0.0 Bearded dragons, Biskkit and Cactzimo
    1.0.0 Super Pastel Ball Python, Atlas

NJ Shipwreck Divers: We dive colder,deeper and darker.

Yeah, I've only had a wold type and a lecustic... it was kind of interesting the lecustic (with a lack of a better term) seemed kind of retarded compared to the wild type.

Congrats on getting them. It looks like it was meant to be . Good luck with them. Hope to see some more pictures off them when they get older.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

thats awesome i never new thats what they were called......Now it makes me want a Hellbender

that's awesome! i've always wanted some of those.

Default awesome

Great I used to keep lot of tiger salamanders awesome !!

I would be interested in getting some of your hatchlings would you let me know how much the shipping would be??

any updates?

I still havent been able to get any decent pictures of them, however the count is approximently 25 of these cuties they are about an inch long now, no limbs yet. You can see through them so I'm guessing most all of them will be lecustic!