Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Questions about growing old tegu's

I'm sorry, Mr. Pot, you were saying something about pigmentation?

heh.. I will drop it right here. Your next comment would likely be.. "I know you are, but what am I".

Rick

You know, Rick, it's really kind of sad. I admit you run the more respectable tegu forum with a somewhat more open mind, however the two of us seem to push each other's buttons and our tiffs pretty much always end out the same. I realize my fault, I'm blunt and terse. You vehemently argue a stance of pure speculation, I present the facts that demonstrate your error, and when you cannot refute the facts you decide to slide into personal attacks with the usual strawmen arguments and character assassination. How I long for something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangue View Post

And we also have many other species of Teiidae, such as Dracaena Guianensis (Caiman Lizard) ...

Crocodilurus Amazonicus ...

And others...

=]

These are beautiful !!!!! I love looking at them in the wild. The Caiman is awesome looking. I wouldn't mind seeing more, if you like ?
    1.0.0 Argentine Tegu
    0.1. Colombian Tegus
    1.0.0 Genetic Stripe Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Albino/Lav Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Normal Dwarf Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Platinum Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Tiger Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Normal Burmese Python

Quote Originally Posted by tupinambis View Post
    You know, Rick, it's really kind of sad. I admit you run the more respectable tegu forum with a somewhat more open mind, however the two of us seem to push each other's buttons and our tiffs pretty much always end out the same. I realize my fault, I'm blunt and terse. You vehemently argue a stance of pure speculation, I present the facts that demonstrate your error, and when you cannot refute the facts you decide to slide into personal attacks with the usual strawmen arguments and character assassination. How I long for something different.
    Collin,

I will once again point you to the word "speculate" in your nearest dictionary. I did not say it was, in fact, a T.duseni. I was just speculating that it could be. Thus, you didn't prove me wrong about anything. I stated at least 4 or 5 times in this thread that I did not say it was a T.duseni.

The only thing you have proven, as you have in the past, is that you are blunt and rude, albeit with a good grasp of grammar.

Rick

sigh....you know Rick, I see your point, I guess I am rude, and I'm trying to be a better person. I should apologize for calling you.....wait, as far as I can see in this thread, I have not called you a single negative thing (unlike you). That can't be it, maybe I insinuated that you were......no, again the insinuations were on your side of the argument. Did I cast a strawman argument in an attempt to undermine your position.....no again that was you. Well, I'm perplexed.....was it for saying that you were "dead wrong" about you claiming "Both species come from that region" and that "The location is exactly where duseni are found". Well, we proved T.duseni does not come from that exact region as you have stated, the science doesn't agree with it, and neither does a local Brasilian (and you yourself admit you've never been down there).
    Should I be apologizing for calling your speculation "ill-founded conjecture"? Let's see, from the dictionary, ill-founded: based on weak evidence, illogical reasoning, or the like/ conjecture: the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof;an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation. Hmmn, well, you yourself have repeatedly claimed it was speculation, so the conjecture part certainly stands. Near as I can tell, your speculation was based on yellow colouration (a trait present in several species) which you yourself admitted would be a weak point of evidence as "even though color is known to be viariable[sic] in wild populations of tegus". Seems this point stands by your own wording.
    Now before you decide to try taking another shot at me over this, let me remind you - YOU REQUESTED IT. You asked me to defend my conclusion scientifically, and I did so. You did not want a long, drawn out debate and so I presented you with a short summary of facts that succinctly outlined why indeed that tegu was not T.duseni. You then chose to argue based on possibilities as opposed to probabilities, and then devolved into the current mudslinging. Other possibilities are : there was no tegu at all in that video, it was actually a clever CGI promo; it wasn't a tegu at all, but someone's mutant pet monitor that had escaped; it was neither T.merianae nor duseni, it was actually a rare form of T.rufescens with a recessive allele that instead of red pigmentation expresses yellow; that the video was a weird hoax and was actually filmed in some location far removed from Sana (ie. arguing based on thin possibilities are pretty much pointless and basically only prove you are arguing for the sake of arguing - which seems contrary to your claim of not wanting a drawn out debate).
    So to everyone out there, I apologize for being rude.

Mangue. Thank you so much for the informations. Wow, I would love to see some pictures of those Tegus you have mentioned.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

It's kind of sad that some of the only bickering on this entire forum is between two of the most knowledgeable (and respected) people. You are both totally picking at each other, with each to blame equally. Can we just agree to disagree and let this wonderful forum go back to it's peaceful existence We dont want to start looking like NASIOC or paintball nation do we? We all know you both love each other so lets just leave it at that eh? Besides, we all love tegus right? No need to get hostile :P
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Roy x Purdy Hatchling Born June 28, 2009
    August 21, 2009 - 16 inches - 4oz
    September 7, 2009 - 19 inches
    September 23, 2009 - 21 inches
    October 1, 2009 - 23 inches
    Feb 4, 2010 - 29 inches
    May 9, 2010 - 35 inches - 3 POUNDS!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/simon021