Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Picking up a Gold Tegu Wednesday

Well some good news. Now when I take him out he doesn't spaz out anymore but once he's out of the tank he wants to walk out of my hands for a little so I let him walk from 1 hand to the other. He still hisses constantly but I think that this will pass with time. Also I'm handling him with 1 glove on and 1 off he is licking my hand more and more. I'm just happy to see some progress, even if its a little at a time.

thats real cool. i'm in the same boat but have tamed a gold years ago and it was a little more work but worth it. good luck!
    You can contact me at

myspace.com/only1boozer

Congrats on the progress and thank you for keeping us posted.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thank you and thanks to everyone for all your help. I've realized with him it is a little at a time but eventually he'll come around. I'm getting more excited now that I have seen an improvement. I usually tend to have the same problem a lot of people seem to have, I love instant gratification. Haha

congrats on your progress. The end result is so worth all the hard work. If patients came easily then it wouldn't be a virtue. LOL

Very true. I see why these guys are so addictive. When I had him out yesterday walking around the house with him in my hands he just wanted to check everything out. The funniest part is when I put him up to my tank while my puffer was swimming around, I turned to walk away and he repositioned himself to look at the puffer more. It was the first time he was out and didn't seem to care about me holding him at all.

Hey everyone. My gold has been getting much more tame until last night. He just went through a full shed and it went very well but sibce he has become extremely flighty and aggressive. I think it is due to the recent shed, just like when snakes shed they get aggressive but I just wanted to make sure I'm right with that conclusion. Also, if that's what it is how many days does it take for them to calm down. With snakes its a week but I don't know with lizards.