Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help us please! :(

Thanks for the support. It will be weird coming home later today and not taking care of him. =( I even gonna miss cleaning his towels from poop...
    I have started to get a little mad because somewhere along the way someone must have mistreated him. Otherwise he wouldn't be in this shape.

The one thing I regret is that I didn't take him to the vet sooner. Maybe if we made a simple healthcheck two months ago this could be threated. But we wanted to wait 2-3 months. Give him a chance to calm down and adjust to the new environment.

But we still got our other Tegu, Whisky, left. Had her for three months and she is healthy according to the vet. We are going to focus on her now. I would prefer two Tegus but I don't dare to risk getting another sick animal... Bacardi have cost us 6000 sek / 830 USD in two months (not including gas money and food). He was definitely worth it but we need our money to finish up the new enclosure.

Next time I will wait until I can get a Tegu directly from a breeder. Or get a grown up that are in need a new home (probably gonna wait until Whisky is grown up before considering a new one).

Whisky have become very skittish the last two weeks. She even hides then we enter the room. She wasn't like this before. We have been focusing so much on the sick Tegu that we haven't been spending any time with her at all. Just feeding and doing the necessary stuff. But that will change now.

:( I'm so sorry to hear that you had to put him down. At least you tried everything you could to give him a very good home. He was such a beautiful Tegu. May he R.I.P. Thank you for keeping us updated. Good luck with Whisky. May God bring peace to your mind and healing to your heart.

Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl