Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lizards you dislike ?

Quote Originally Posted by laurarfl View Post
    That's ok, I didn't take any offense. Everyone has their own opinion.

You have wild iguanas in Japan? I didn't know that. We have such a problem near where I live. They remind me of little dinosaurs. I do like my tegus more though.

Awesome looking iguana you got there!
    yes, we have wild iguanas in Japan(Okinawa) and this is a very serious problem
    They are increasing
    But it's we people done it, some stupid people released captive iguana to the wild and the place was a paradice for iguanas
    Now, shops don't sell iguana without buyer's ID

Personally, I like iguana, especially the looks
    You said they are like dinasour
    But I would say they look like a sachem of American Indian! lol

Quote Originally Posted by the enigma View Post
    One thing that suprised me was the difference in appearence in Feral and captive Iguanas. I saw a pic of one in Florida and I was in disbeleif that it was truly a green Iguana and not a different type. I do agree with Godspeed Tegus are waaaay smarter than Iguanas BUT I'm sure LauraR's Green Iguana is no dummy.....he has all those tegus around him and I'm sure their cleverness rubs off on him=) lol

I agree with you
    Captive iguana and wild one are totaly different in looks
    Wild one looks like a war-horse, it has been through many pinch and they have excellent reflexes
    They jump in a river, when they found your silhouette from far-distance

Default Gecko Haters!!

No, but I do like leopard geckos. I have a few of them. I honestly can't say I don't dislike any lizard or animal for that matter. If I had to come down to it, I would say that the Chinese Cave gecko is ugly. Lol. If you don't know what that is, just imagine a very skinny looking leopard gecko zombie thing.
    0.0.1 Blue tegu
    2.3 Leopard geckos
    1.1 American pit bull terriers
    A lot of Madagascar Hissers

One thing I recently thought of is this: We ALL should thank and love Beardies and geckoes. Now most of us on here enjoy bigger reptiles (Tegus, Monitors, Boas, Pythons, etc.) ,but the geckoes and Beardies have helped us alot. They are commonly sold in pet stores worldwide and are partly responsible for the popularity that reptiles have. The Geckoes and beardies appealed to vast amounts of people (they are often Starter reptiles)
    Many people that keep Tegus or large Monitors often started out with Geckoes or beardies. The popularity of these to lizards "created" advancements in the reptile industry (Publications, lighting and heating developement, etc.) And their popularity made people aware of reptile conservation and awareness. But still I don't think I'll keep Geckoes again...maybe Beardies. I just think we all should realize what these animals have done for us.
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Albino Burmese Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad
    1.0.0 Albino Western Hognose

Roaches (Dubia & Lateralis)

Now i want a Zombie Gecko
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

Quote Originally Posted by the enigma View Post
    One thing I recently thought of is this: We ALL should thank and love Beardies and geckoes. Now most of us on here enjoy bigger reptiles (Tegus, Monitors, Boas, Pythons, etc.) ,but the geckoes and Beardies have helped us alot. They are commonly sold in pet stores worldwide and are partly responsible for the popularity that reptiles have. The Geckoes and beardies appealed to vast amounts of people (they are often Starter reptiles)
    Many people that keep Tegus or large Monitors often started out with Geckoes or beardies. The popularity of these to lizards "created" advancements in the reptile industry (Publications, lighting and heating developement, etc.) And their popularity made people aware of reptile conservation and awareness. But still I don't think I'll keep Geckoes again...maybe Beardies. I just think we all should realize what these animals have done for us.
    So true. my husband was a reptile hater and Scorch, our beardie melted his heart. Now, he is not freaked out anymore by reptiles, thanks to our beardie, that he now spoils and hordes to himself. LOL the kids and I were able to get Toki our tegu and Nadine my son's red tailed boa. Even though he is still afraid of the snake and wont hold it, at least he tollerates it being in the house. Beardies Rule! deal with it!!

Agreed...which is why I can't say I truly dislike any lizard, just that some appeal to me more than others. As far as geckos, I adore my little house geckos that hang around in the summer, and I love the Tokay, Day, and Green Geckos.

The wild igs are a testament to a life of proper greens, high humidity and temps, natural sunlight, and exercise. For an animal so dependent on UV, it is hard to replicate that in captivity. This is what my ig looked like two years ago when I took him in as a CL rescue:

Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Im not keen on Skinks there is just something about them that is off putting to me. I love my uromastyx hes very alert and takes notice of whats going on around him. I love my leos but they do just sit on my shoulder and dont seem to take notice of things like my uro does,but I would like a bigger lizard
    1 saharan Uromastyx
    3 Leopard Geckos
    1 Panther Gecko
    1 crested Gecko
    2 White line geckos

getting in the next few months: Bearded Dragon and a Blue Tegu