Thread: Keeping crickets alive

Default Keeping crickets alive

Does anyone know how cold it can get for crickets to stay alive?? I have them in my garage right now, and its definitly getting kinda cold outside... 10 deg?

Temperatures for crickets half grown or larger should be kept between 70F and 79F degrees. However, for smaller crickets, temperatures should be maintained between 85F and 90F degrees.

I am unsure exactly how low you can drop the temps, but I do know that 10F is way too low for them to live.

Rick

buy a 10g tankwith a screen top, throw an egg crate or 2 in it with the food/water crystals, sponge, whatever you use and keep it someplace in the house, they wont get out since the cant climb the glass, they can jump as they get bigger but they cant knock the screen top off

ps imagine growing a cricket big enough that it could, man that would be some good lunch for a tegu lmao

Slightly changing the subject, just purchased some largish locusts for my cham and savannah

Just chucked one in the enclosure for Dobbie, lasted all of two seconds. Man that boy can move for a big lad.

Crickets can't climb the glass of an aquarium, but they CAN climb the silicon sealant in the corners. If you are going to use an aquarium, make sure you use a screen top with a small enough mesh that they can't get through it.

Drfish

I ocassionally buy a large bag of adult locusts: they don't last long with the tegus!!!!

Mine can pound eight or ten down with no trouble as a light snack.

It is definately in the category of fun once in a while but too £££ to do often!

Mark.

Why would you want too, get crickets when you can feed roaches?
    they stink, are annoying with their noises, and not as healthy as roaches.
    I'm just curious not saying that you should go and feed them roaches or anything.

Default cricket care

i officially now know that crickets die at 50F. i left some outside last night and that was the temp at 6:00am today. i brought them in and they didnt "thaw" back to life. they did ok in the 60's and prefer 70-80's FYI. :lol: