Thread: saliva

Default saliva

recently my tegu has started drooling a thick clear liquid. im not sure if thats normal
    he is pooping fine eating fine everything is perfect in his cage what could this be?

some times they do it right after drinking, but it can also be a sign of "mouth rot"
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

I was thinking about this, too. That it could be because he maybe just had a drink off water. Does he do this all the time ? If you can open his mouth and see if you can see any white discharge in there and if the mouth smells bad ( this a sign of mouth rot ).
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

he does it when he eats and drinks.

I'm sure he is fine. Sometimes when I pick up one of my Tegus after he just had something to drink he spits up some water or it comes out of his nose. If you want to you can put his mouth next to your ear and see if you can hear any wheezing. If not he is fine.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Our boy will sometimes take a big, deep drink of water and secretly hold it somewhere in his chin without swallowing. He'll then walk around the room for as much as 20 minutes. Then he goes into some forbidden area and when his human goes to pick him up he blows the water out of his nose in the form of drooly snot. He's so cute. Sometimes his papa or I laugh so much at this disgusting trick that we shake all over while holding Hernando. This makes Hernando drool more snot on our clothes. I won't say it's normal, exactly, but it is nothing to worry about.