Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Repti Fogger

Default Repti Fogger

Does anyone use a repti fogger to keep up the humidity in their tank? I had a waterfall with a fogger in Toki's old tank but I was concerned about keeping the water clean and it was a pain to take apart and clean every couple days. It seems that since I took it out it is very difficult to spray enough to keep up the humidity. I have put in some live plants. Mint and Thyme that she seems to enjoy.

it should work great, during shedding time i hook you a Child's Sonic Humidifier and it works AWESOME

the Repi-Fogger is the same thing just on a smaller scale
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

I have one and it was working good.. I had it pointed down into the water bowel so it didnt get the bedding too wet. I dont really use it anymore because It kept breaking... I went through about 4 or 5 of them and kept having problems . I have talked to other people about them and no one else had problems with them and if you do their customer service was very helpful. Once I get all my cages set up how i want them I am going to get a Large Humidifer like the one Pikey was talking about.

Hm. I just had a custom cage built for her and it has a cabinet on top with 10" of space for the lighting etc across the whole top of the tank. So I was thinking if I could find something that I could put in there on the cool side where her tub and plants are located it would be good. I have been working on some fake rock furniture for her viv and was getting ready to start a back wall that I was going to make look like bark and have some spots for plant holders going up the walls, maybe I could make a hole for the humidifier tube there? or it could just be pointed down from the top above the tub? My concern with a regular humidifier is if there is a way to direct the mist downward so it is not inside the top wooden cabinet making the wood and lighting moist. Everything I see in the home humidifiers has the mist coming from the top which would not work well in my circumstances.

I just have my Tube pointing Down thru the mesh on top of the cage. it seems to work well.. i think if you made a hold it would work great

We used to work those humidifier at our reptile farm. And it works great, even with large cage.
    Ben
    0.1.0, 2007, Bearded Dragon (Uresaii)
    1.0.0, 1999, Hermann Tortoise (Tama-chan)
    0.1.0, 2007, Redfoot Tortoise (Kame-chan)

Got msn? If you want to talk to me just leave me a private message !

I saw this thread and started looking around for some cheap alternative humidifiers (it amazes me how the price on something doubles when you attach the word "reptile" to it, it's as bad as "wedding" supplies!), and the humidifier in the link below is adorable!! I have a baby red tegu, and I wonder how easy this would be to hook tubes up to for directing mist into the cage...?

Dragon Humidifier
    1.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa
    1.0 Pastel BCI
    1.0 Carpet X Diamond Python
    1.0 Ball python
    1.0 Blood python
    1.1 Womas
    0.1 Granite Spotted Python
    1.0 Hognose
    1.1 Western Fox snakes
    1.0 Northern Blue Tongue skink
    0.0.1 Red Tegu
    1.1 Mali Uromastyx
    0.0.1 Egyptian Uromastyx
    1.0 Leopard gecko
    0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise
    1.0 Red eared slider
    1.0 African mud turtle
    1.0 Husband (WC) who approves of my addiction
    Mice, hissers, dubias, mealworms, and crickets...

Well, that's how it work. Just looks at heating lamp. One bulb can cost 20-50$, while you can get some cheap halogen lamp at canadian tire for only 7$.

Your humidifier is cute, but it doesn't look to have pipes (tubes) on it. So you have to put it inside your enclosure, reducing the space available for the animal, compare to the repti-fogger. But someone with basic handyman skills could easily make something great with it.
    Ben
    0.1.0, 2007, Bearded Dragon (Uresaii)
    1.0.0, 1999, Hermann Tortoise (Tama-chan)
    0.1.0, 2007, Redfoot Tortoise (Kame-chan)

Got msn? If you want to talk to me just leave me a private message !

mine is a kids humidifier, but it has a little cap that turns (to direct the mist) i poped it out and my 2gal shop vac hose fits in it pretty good
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

LOL. All you need is a little imagination to solve any problem. The dragon humidifier looks really cute but I can't see where the mist comes from.