Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Repti Fogger

I was looking at walmart after looking at the dragon humidifier and they had this one that is small enough to fit in my cupboard. it is not any cheaper than the reptifogger though. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Portable-M...White/10755958 Sometimes it is just worth paying a little more than having to worry about trying to rig something to work...
    Last edited by VEGAS-LIZARD; 02-26-2010 at 12:41 AM.

yeah the one i use we got for my daughter, but she dont need it any more
    (it was 26$ at walmart 3yrs ago and holds 3 gallons so i used it rather than buying a 40-50$ reptile one that holds about 1-2 litters)
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

GRR. I am so irritated. I have a 10" cabinet where the humidifier needs to go and everything is too tall. I wonder if I could use a shorter water bottle with the reptifogger?

Your home is probably tidier than mine, but if it were me I'd just park the bottle on its own platform right next to the enclosure, and run the pipe/hose up through the top. Looks like all your devices run through the cabinet and down; maybe you'd need to drill a new hole in the side of the cabinet for the pipe. If you went with a shorter bottle, you'd want it fat enough that you don't have to quit your job to stay home all day and keep it filled.

i read up on the dragon one, and the mist comes out of its ears. This is from the first review on the page,
    Once it was filled with water and it was time to turn it on, the mist blows out of it's ears.

has any body tried to use An ultrasonic fog generator? Seems like it would use a lot less space and has better reviews than the repti-fogger. Would this be ok to use?

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS-LIZARD View Post
    I was looking at walmart after looking at the dragon humidifier and they had this one that is small enough to fit in my cupboard. it is not any cheaper than the reptifogger though. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Portable-M...White/10755958 Sometimes it is just worth paying a little more than having to worry about trying to rig something to work...
    looks like you cook toast in it as well........jk
    You can contact me at

myspace.com/only1boozer

I bought one of those to use with the exoterra waterfall. It worked fine, but did splash water. If you don't want to buy the waterfall you have to put it into something that has a lid with a little hole for the mist to escape or you will have MAJOR splashing. Also it is not safe for your tegu to get near it or touch it as it gets hot and vibrates. It has a little disc on it that has to be replaced every couple of months too, but that is only about 5 bucks. IDK what happened to the one we bought. When I stopped using the waterfall it was just thrown somewhere by the hubby and somehow got smashed and broke. But it worked fine with the waterfall.
    Toki Tegu
    Scorch Dragon
    Nadine Columbian Boa
    2 Herb freak Teenagers & 1 Beardie loving Hubby

What do you use to spray.I use a 1 gal. garden sprayer it takes me about 2 min. to spray about 1/2 gal. every 2-3 days to keep at 70% humidity .If yours dryes out that fast you might have to much ventilation.seems like you would have to fill that bottle on the fogger 1-2 times a day(not very big)& i personally like to spray more on the warm side not the cool side it gives it a chance to dry out .if you keep it damp on the cool side & it cant dry your more likely to get mold or mildew & a breeding area for parasites.
    Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS-LIZARD View Post
    Does anyone use a repti fogger to keep up the humidity in their tank? I had a waterfall with a fogger in Toki's old tank but I was concerned about keeping the water clean and it was a pain to take apart and clean every couple days. It seems that since I took it out it is very difficult to spray enough to keep up the humidity. I have put in some live plants. Mint and Thyme that she seems to enjoy.
    • 0.1 Extrem Giant tegu
    • 0.1 Blue tegu
    • 1.0 Red tegu
    • 1.0 Blue spot Timor monitor
    • 1.1 Corn snakes
    • 0.0.1 Red foot tortoise
    • 1 Unhappy wife

Mr. Critter, do you use anything with the sprayer like a humidifier or anything? or do you just use the gallon sprayer