Thread: Tegu Heaven

Default Tegu Heaven

To all of you who have expressed your concerns regarding Puddin and her recent bout with impaction, we have just received some horrible news. Our vet, who has been absolutely wonderful and has done an enormous amount of work free of charge, called and said that Puddin has twisted bowels and is in complete kidney failure. She also stated that, even if we had a million dollors to spend, she wouldn't recommend surgery on Puddin' since there is no guarantee she will ever recoup. The solution was to have her put to sleep (go to Tegu heaven). Our vet, along with the herp from Key West, will be performing surgery on Puddin' to determine the exact cause, if possible, for the problems so that they can better educate other vets, along with Tegu owners, on signs/symptoms of this condition and then allow her to go to Tegu Heaven. Apparently, Puddin' had severe medical problems prior to coming to us at 2 months old. She should have never been allowed to be adopted. I'm just thankful that we had the opportunity to give her a great home for the short time she was here, and she will be greatly missed. As soon as I have the complete outcome of the autopsy, I'll post so that all of us can have some more insight. My heart, along with my son's, is breaking as Pudding was part of our family and will always remain a bight spot in our memories.

Thank you all again for your sincere thoughts, positive reinforcement and words of experience and wisdom.

We still have Tater, and he's growing like a weed....so he will definitely get more spoiled than he already is.

Thank you all and God bless
    Last edited by AngelWings200688; 03-12-2010 at 02:19 AM.

:( May she rest in Peace!

OMG no. It's not fair. I'm so sorry for your loss. You and the vet has done sooooo much for Puddin. You deserve to have her in your live. May she R.I.P.

Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thank you both so much for your warms wishes. She definitely made such an impact on our lives, even though we only had the pleasure of having for a short time.

Your welcome. I created a new thread about " Tegu Heaven " ( I hope you don't mind me using your title ). It's for everyone who lost a Tegu. If you like you can post some pictures of Puddin in there and share your thoughts and memories in there. I know you are going through a very hard time right now and you don't have to check out the link right now. When ever you feel ready for it.

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.php?9199-Tegu-Heaven
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thank you so much for this thread. I responded with some pictures of her.....you are such a blessing. Thank you so much

I am very, very sad for you and your family. Puddin' was such a cutie, and we were all rooting for her. I just know she charmed both those vets and that's why they took on the case. May Tater continue to bring you joy for many years to come.

Thank you HernandosMom,
    Puddin' was definitely a charmer, even though she had that "you better feed me and bathe me NOW" look in her eyes. We are so lucky to have such a caring vet and a whole community of Tegu lovers who understand our sadness. Tater got special treats today and he seemed to know something was up. He kept looking around the tank for his "buddy". Let the extra spoiling begin

AngelWings, I am so sorry to hear about Puddin. I lost my Domino following impaction surgery last year and her case was very similar. My vet didn't know how bad the impaction really was until we tried to save her. It is so sad, but they will be in our memories forever. RIP Puddin.
    Lin

1.0.0 Australian Water Dragon
    6.9.0 Bearded Dragons
    1.0.0 Florida Kingsnakes
    0.1.0 Cornsnakes
    0.2.0 Cats
    0.1.0 Dog

RIP Domino

LinLizards,

Thank you for your kind words and warm wishes. I'm truly sorry you had to go through the same sadness with Domino. We will always have their memories and pictures. I'm convinced all of our lost Tegus are in "Tegu Heaven" playing with each other and recapping how much they miss their humans and telling stories on how THEY trained us.