Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Tegu Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by txrepgirl View Post
    Hi ragnew. I'm not sure if I have welcomed you to our Tegu forum family. If I haven't I'm sorry. Welcome to our family. Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm happy to hear that you like my videos . Yes, it is nice that we still have a few other Tegus but alot of times it makes it harder. I wanted to download the videos that we made of Schatzi when we put her in a bin so we can put her into a grave but I can't pull my self together yet to put them on youtube and on here. I knew that one of these days I would have to say good bye to them. Just didn't know it would be that soon. I'm going to try to make some more videos of the other Tegus soon and post them . Do you have any videos of your animals on youtube ? I would like to check them out.
    Hi Samantha, you're very welcome and thanks for the kind welcome! It's nice to find a forum that is so open where it's newer inhabitants are concerned! I can understand how having more Tegus would make things a bit harder where the loss of Schatzi is concerned, it's almost a constant remind of sorts! But these reminders are good ones. The remaining Tegs will definitely be there for you. I look forward to seeing the other videos that you're about to make! They're always very entertaining! As for my animals, I do have quite a few photos of them, but sadly nothing in a video format! I need to get out from under this rock I've been living under for so long hahaha! I will definitely post pics of my beasties as soon as I can!

Soooo i've been putting this off all day....

I have some very sad news....... Stevie has passed on. it was some time last night, i woke up this morning (checking water dishes) and i found him just laying there.

so as i stated before he was having problems with weight loss. I had put him on a canned cat food diet w/ other stuff mushed up in it. about a week ago he stopped eating, so i started hand feeding Carivore Care again, it was going good then 2-3 days ago he would only eat a little & and like once every 2-3 feedings (i'd try to do 2-3 feedings a day).
    He was just spending time on his rock, wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink, justa lay on his rock. I'd pick him up & move him to his water dish once a day atleast & maybe drank/maybe wouldn't then would go right back to his rock.... the temp was 107F humidity 65-73% and cool side 75-80F.

i think he just gave up.

i wont lie i cried, i put him in the freezer so in a month or so i can burry him in the lizard pen (because he never got big enough to make it out there) then he will atleast be out there.

i knew this would happen some day since the day i got him (i was hoping for 3-4yrs before he went out) but i'd like to think i did my best.
    i just wish i had more time with him, i haven't even told aerika yet. (i just dont know who to tell her, she was crushed for 4 days when her gecko died)
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

Ok, gotta admit it brings tears to my eyes, too. I was really hoping he'd make it to adulthood. I think you did all you could. I'm sure it was something congenital.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Ooh, this is a sad one. You really did all you could with this little guy. Life dealt him a bad deck. You were there for him while he had the will to survive and went far beyond what most people would be able to do. I'm guessing the challenges and disorientation just got to be too much for him and, like you said, he gave up. I'm sorry he didn't make it, but his spirit knew it was time to go. I'm so sorry you have to tell Aerika; please give her a hug for me.

Oh hon... like I said on facebook, you did NOTHING wrong. You gave the wee little guy the best care he could have gotten for the short time that he was with you. He was loved and looked after, and I know that he was aware of this. Sometimes, pets (people as well) just... know... when it's their time. And don't ever, EVER, feel embarrassed about shedding tears for a beloved pet; in my opinion, it shows the strength of your character.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

OMG no. It breaks my heart to hear this. I never saw Stivie in person but he always had a spot in my heart. I thought about him alot. He was VERY blessed to have a owner like you and to be in your family. You did your best . Don't ever think that a man should never cry. I like it when a man can express his feelings. May he rest in peace and may God give you comfort to your mind and healing to your heart. He will be missed. Sorry about the dog picture below.

Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

thank you everyone, it means alot to me.
    And this right here is why this is a family and not a forum.
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

Chris. Your welcome. We are just being honest . You are right. This is why I love our family on here, too. We act like grown ups/ family/ friends.

ragnew. I'm happy to hear that you like our family forum. We are glad that you are a part of it . I wanted to make some videos of our Tegus this weekend but now I have to change our reptile room a bit. I found a very cute black throat monitor baby for my boyfriend ( he wanted one for so long ). It's a 7 year anniversay presant. The timing couldn't be better .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

I know this isn't a tegu, but he was loved so much :( After weeks of trying to treat him our self (not knowing what he actually had) it got so bad that we just HAD to take him to the vet. We thought he was just impacted or maybe had a respiratory infection, but the vet informed us his lung collapsed because of his size. It was a freak coincidence and we were devastated he had to suffer for over a week. I regret every day not taking him to the vet earlier :'(

RIP Zeus

I'm so sorry to hear that he had to go through this but you tried your best. Things happen. Don't worry, on our forum we have allot of members who talk about other pets then just the Tegu. Just because we are a Tegu forum doesn't mean we can't talk about our other pets . All of our pets are very close to us. At least you did end up taking him to the vet to see what was going on.

Our videos :