Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tegu Heaven

Thank you everyone for your kind words and the hugs. I'm sorry it took me a while to respond. It's so hard for me to talk about this right now but I know I have to deal with this sooner or later. My boyfriend and I kept thinking on what could of went wrong. I just held her two days before she passed away and she was fine. When I saw her I thought she was just sleeping ( I couldn't see the front of her head ). When I reached in to the enclosure to get her out she was very stiff. I dropped her and startded to scream and cry. My heart dropped into my stomach I felt so sick. I couldn't believe it. After I got my self together I got her out to look at her more closely. I saw that her mouth was wide open. I checket her out and saw that in the inside of her mouth by the top of her gum ( close to where the nose is ) she had a lot of blood there ( it was already dry ). She also had some small pieces of mulch in her mouth. She always was known to try to eat things she shouldn't of. She was impacted one time because she ate a rubber cap from a metal door stopper. She tried to eat the screws of the vents. My boyfriend thinks that when she tried to eat some mulch she poked the gum open and she got a infection. The infection got into her blood and killed her. He sad that this would explain why she died so fast. To me she was one of a kind. She had the most amazing colors I have ever seen. It's very hard not to think about her day or night. We never thought that we would loose one so fast. We wanted to breed her with our All American Tegu ( Shakespeare ). Thank you so much to you all for being her for me. It means alot to me.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Your Tegu was very lucky to have a owner like you who tried everything to give him a good live. You are right. There should be more reptile vets out there. We are very lucky that we have one who knows alot about reptiles. Tegus are amazing. They have so much personality and always make me laugh. I also never thought that I could cuddle up with a lizard like I can with most of my Tegus. I hope your heart will be heald enough for you to get another Tegu one day. I don't know what I would do without them.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

----@-----
    x
    Last edited by Jungledoc; 03-20-2011 at 06:10 PM.

You know you are the biggest jerk I have ever met. How dare you play with peoples emotions like that. You need to grow up as..... If you can't be nice to the members on this forum you need to get lost. If you don't I will help you with it by banning you.
    Last edited by txrepgirl; 03-13-2011 at 04:47 AM.

Our videos :

Wow, what an insensitive thing to post, Jungledoc.

Txrepgirl, I know that you try to give people here the benefit of the doubt, and offer up warnings first, but for someone to have posted something like that right on the heels of your loss... I'll admit I won't be the least bit sorry to see this new member banned right away.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

Firstly, Sam, I am so, so sorry to hear what happened. When I lost Rexie it was quite devastating. We had to have our gas furnace replaced this year. In the end, he may have passed because of a gas leak in our garage. :( It is disturbing to find a deceased pet. I also had to have my pet cat of 18 years put to sleep in January. Time does heal the pain and it does get easier to accept and be around your other pets. I know that you are a very responsible pet owner and quite attached to your animals. Plus, when we had lunch last summer, I knew you had a very sweet, caring personality.

Secondly, I reviewed the posts of our Jungledoc and did insitute a ban. That post was really uncalled for, and that sort of humor at the expense of someone else is really sad. The worse part is that if the info I can obtain through the user panel is correct, this individual is in his thirties and a physician. So this is not exactly an immature teenager, but an unethical professional who specializes in the care of women. I find that a bit disturbing. Perhaps this person needs to find another way to vent his stress and frustration. I'm not going to post his personal information here. Hopefully he will just go away. The only bad thing is that when I set the ban, I was distracted and didn't set a permanent ban. So if the username reappears with more inappropriate posts, he will be permanently banned from this site. I know people get on the internet for fun, but there are real people behind these usernames. This is not one of those casual forums that tolerates trolling behavior.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Laura. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses, too. Thank you, you two for the kind words and for being so understanding. I don't like calling people names but in his case I couldn't care less. Thank you Laura for banning him.

Our videos :

Sam, I am so sorry to hear about Schatzi. Since I no longer have a Tegu, I rarely go on the site and got the news thru my email. There are just too many heartbreaking stories so I never got another tegu. They are truly the most loveable of lizards and yours will be greatly missed. God bless you and may Schatzi rest in peace. She is in Tegu Heaven with my Domino.
    Lin

1.0.0 Australian Water Dragon
    6.9.0 Bearded Dragons
    1.0.0 Florida Kingsnakes
    0.1.0 Cornsnakes
    0.2.0 Cats
    0.1.0 Dog

RIP Domino

:sad: Oh no,.. Sam my condolences to you and your family. Quite a few of us have lost tegus lately and it takes time to deal with when ever we lose something we love so much. I say deal with because we never truly get over it,.. we just learn to cope with not having them there. But we still have memories and other things to remind us of them.

I just saw the title of the post on the other site,.. when I opened the thread it went straight to her pic. My first thought was look at Schatzi pretty girl,.. but it didn't click until I scrolled up and saw you were the Op :-(. I was just thinking about you a few days ago wondering if Shakespeare would mature enough for breeding this season or next.

I know its hard now and it throws off everything you had planned but it will get better with time. She's missed already and I'll keep an eye out for you in case someone needs to re home or sell a female hybrid.

Better yet,.. when you feel up to it pm STLherps,.. he's working on some hybrids this year.
    http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.ph...5903#post75903
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

Hi Lin. Thank you so much for taking the time to come on here and for your kind words. You are right. The Tegus are the most loveable lizards I have ever met, too. It does give me some comfort to know that she is with the other Tegus in heaven now. I do think of you from time to time and hope that all is well.

bubblz. Thank you for your hugs and the kind words, too. I was SOOOOO looking forward to breeding her to get that BEAUTIFUL powder blue color going. It's so rare to find that kind of color. Your god daughter ( Venus ) is doing well ). I haven't seen Shakespear and Venus much because they hibernated two years in a row. They are just now waking up. They have been hibernating since the begining of November. I wish they would stay up this year so they can eat, eat and eat lol. Hope all is well with you.

Our videos :