Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Tegu Heaven

Our "friend" has been permanently banned. Thankfully he cleaned up after himself before leaving. Perhaps he learned a bit about internet security as well.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

WOW!! I'm so sorry for your loss! We lost one of our females blues last spring. She was outside in the shade and just died. No warning. Definitely know how you feel.
    1.1 Blue Tegus, 1.1 Cuban Rock Iguanas
    1.1 Bearded Dragons, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon
    0.1 Columbian Boa, 1.0 Ball Python, 0.0.1 Corn

I'm very sorry, Sam. Very sorry.
    1.0.0 Argentine Tegu
    0.1. Colombian Tegus
    1.0.0 Genetic Stripe Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Albino/Lav Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Normal Dwarf Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Platinum Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Tiger Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Normal Burmese Python

Thank you Laura.

Dave. I remember that time. She was SO beautiful. I broke out in tears when I read what has happened to her. It's always hard to loose a pet. But if the animal is sick you at least can prepare your self for the worst. But if it happens like with our Tegus ( out of no where ) it's a VERY big shock. I still have night mares. Last night my boyfriend had to wake me up because I was crying in my sleep. I told him that I was dreaming that I came home and and I saw him holding a spoon with a small eyeball on it. I asked him " am I seeing right ? Is that a eye ball ? He sad yes. He told me that our Spatzi ( Schatzi's brother ) just passed away and his eye balls poped out and he was very bloated. I got up and checked on all of our pets. I was so scared. Thank God all of them are doing good.

Thank you Maria. Hope all is well with you and the kids. How are your Tegus doing ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I've been thinking about my crew a lot lately,.. especially since the weather's warming up and this would be their first time all outside together. Then I realized that I didn't post anything on this thread.

I had them cremated with hand prints for a keepsake since I didn't want the ashes back.

Dino (B&W);

Tricky (AA);

Leeloo (Blue);

0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

OMG. This is SO nice that you did this ( the paw prints ). I wish I would of thought of this, too :( . I put Schatzi into a small bin, put alot of ductape around the lid, put some nice stickers on it and put her into a grave in the back yard. I put some steping stones on the grave so the dogs will not dig her up. I made some videos of it but it's still to hard for me right now to upload them and post it. There isn't one day that goes by that I don't miss her. It's SO heart breaking to loose one of those awsome lizards. Thank you for posting the very nice post.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

I was thinking about things and how people perceive the loss of a pet. Some people ridicule those who grieve the loss of an animal. Everyone has different opinions on the subject, but grieving and emotions are very real to the person experiencing them. I was cleaning up my phone pictures last night and came across a photo I took of my 18yo cat sitting on my car seat outside the vet's office on the day I had to euthanize him (he had cancer and was dying). I got him as a kitten right around the time I met my husband. He was older than my kids. Of course, the cat was not a person, but his passing was significant to me. He's buried in my backyard, too, and I cry whenever I think of him for too long (and that was back in Jan). I guess the point of this is to say if you don't feel the same way about the passing of your animals or think grieviong over pets is "silly", there is no need to ridicule those that do. Simply pass this thread by and ignore it.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

I'm sorry Laura to hear that you had to put your cat down. At least he had many good years with you. I'm so scared for the day that I will loose my female dog Kylie. She is 16 years old. She is in great shape and still acts like a puppy. But when she had colitis not to long ago I really thought we will loose her. But thank God she recovered. I got her when she was two months old and she grew up with my son. I better start taking more pictures of her. May your cat rest in peace.

Our videos :

I'm so very sorry to have read this news Samantha. I know I'm a newbie here, but I have to say that I've watched all of your videos and I have to agree with you and everyone else when they say that your Schatzi was very special. A very beautiful animal indeed.

See, that's the one thing that I absolutely despise where our hobby is concerned, we can usually prepare ourselves for the loss of a loved one (that's what our Tegs and other herps are) and when it happens out of the blue and for no apparent reason whatsoever the shock we go into is often hard to comprehend.... :-(

Again, I'm very sorry for the loss, but remember the Tegs that you still have will help you pull through this very difficult time. They're each one of a kind, and will always be a cherished member of our families.

Keep the head up! You and the boyfriend both!

Hi ragnew. I'm not sure if I have welcomed you to our Tegu forum family. If I haven't I'm sorry. Welcome to our family. Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm happy to hear that you like my videos . Yes, it is nice that we still have a few other Tegus but alot of times it makes it harder. I wanted to download the videos that we made of Schatzi when we put her in a bin so we can put her into a grave but I can't pull my self together yet to put them on youtube and on here. I knew that one of these days I would have to say good bye to them. Just didn't know it would be that soon. I'm going to try to make some more videos of the other Tegus soon and post them . Do you have any videos of your animals on youtube ? I would like to check them out.

Our videos :