Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toki's first outside adventure

Toki is so pretty! I looove her markings. And congrats on the first trip outside.

Helix used to get a little attitude going after being outside, but I brought him a lot of places one year and he used to ride in the basket on the front of my bike. After that, he wasn't so bad about it. Actually, he became more clingy with me after that.

Same thing happened with my iguana. I think they just like the taste of freedom. I wouldn't want to go back either after that lol
    Our family...
    0.1.0 Beardie, Athena
    0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu, Rorschach
    0.0.1 Eastern Collared Lizard, "Youngster"
    1.1.0 Ball Pythons, Fantine and D'Artagnon
    1.1.0 Hogg Island Boas, Finnley and Shazira
    1.0.0 Nicaraguan Boa, Gio
    1.2.0 Rosy Boas, Lucy, Estelle, Evander
    0.1.0 RTB, Ninja
    0.0.1 Red Eyed Green Tree Frog
    0.2.0 Doggies Belatrix and Saedi
    + a bunch of day care kids
    + one boyfriend
    And 0.1.0 baby on the way

Rest In Peace Helix

I was thinking of safety from hawks not wolverines. LOL
    Toki Tegu
    Scorch Dragon
    Nadine Columbian Boa
    2 Herb freak Teenagers & 1 Beardie loving Hubby

wow your tegu is very active outside nero has always been somewhat lazy when outside just explore and bask then he heads back in the house. nice video though whats your name on youtube ill subscribe to you and add you as a friend?
    0.1 Black and white ~ Rayne
    1.0 Exterme giant ~ Storm

Dottavio70
    Toki Tegu
    Scorch Dragon
    Nadine Columbian Boa

Great Videos! My tegu has been in and out of hibernation since January or so. He's been down 2 weeks now, but was up every other day the week before that. I think moving into his perminent large enclosure kind of screwed up his seasons since the new home is MUCH larger with a much larger temp gradient. I can't wait for him to wake up so I can size him for a leash and get him outside! It's been so nice out here the last few days. Which leash is that on your tegu? I can't figure out which size to get for my 30 inch tegu.
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Roy x Purdy Hatchling Born June 28, 2009
    August 21, 2009 - 16 inches - 4oz
    September 7, 2009 - 19 inches
    September 23, 2009 - 21 inches
    October 1, 2009 - 23 inches
    Feb 4, 2010 - 29 inches
    May 9, 2010 - 35 inches - 3 POUNDS!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/simon021

It is the smallest size, it was huge on her when we brought her home, but now she barely fits into it. It was a hand me down from Scorch. I need to get a different one because she was able to get one of her legs out of it the other day and if she got out of it I would probably be chasing her around the yard until dark. She is soo fast! LOL You should take you guy to the pet store and you can try on the leash there so you are sure to get the right size.
    Toki Tegu
    Scorch Dragon
    Nadine Columbian Boa

if they are just young you can use ferret harnesses and on my big ole female iguana I used a cat harness that barely fit her(it fit just had no more room to adjust it any bigger) I want to try my Colombian tegu on a leash but he is viscous(working on taming him)

I am currently using a lizard harness. But the ones I've seen for ferrets look better. I don't think she would fit into a ferret harness yet, but I'm kinda handy with the sewing machine so if I can't find one to fit, I may just end up making one myself and using the lead from the lizard harness that I have now.
    Toki Tegu
    Scorch Dragon
    Nadine Columbian Boa

yeah I thought they where smaller but I got one out and my little guy can just walk through the smaller part so it will be a while before he can use it probably big enough that you could use them on full grown tegu

Yesterday, the pet jogger I ordered from Sams Club to take the lizards for walks came in the mail. I sent a pic of Scorch sitting in it to my Sister-in-law and she thought it was an April Fools joke. LOL
    Toki Tegu
    Scorch Dragon
    Nadine Columbian Boa