Thread: first hybernation

Default first hybernation

My red is still in hybernation I think (lol no shes not dead); how do I know when she shouldnt be? Am I supposed to start turning on her lights or what? Will she wake up on her own?

That is a good question. Neither of my lizards hybernated. But I would think if you wanted them to wake up all you would have to do is increase the heat and they would say, "Hey, it's spring." In the tegu care sheet is says that the Argentinians can go for up to 7 months. Geez, I think I would go through withdrawals. I am sure someone that has experience will come and give you a better answer.
    Toki Tegu
    Scorch Dragon
    Nadine Columbian Boa
    2 Herb freak Teenagers & 1 Beardie loving Hubby

i got a red tegu from bobby about 4 wks ago and it went back under, for two weeks i didnt see it. so i did the same thing i did for my b/w i got in december; i got a higher wattage lamp, increased the humidity&temps and kept the lamps on for 12-14 hours a day. this worked faster with the red tan the b/w; it only took 2-4days before the red was out everyday and he even started eating. the b/w took a lil longer maybe bout a month to start basking and 2 wks after that to start eating. this is what worked for me!
    0.1 Black and white ~ Rayne
    1.0 Exterme giant ~ Storm