Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cricket food

Default cricket food

anyone use any of the commercial brands cricket food, like water food & gutload, or water crystals + calcium like Fluckers products or anything?

what do you gutload ur crickets with?

thanx

I gutload mine with Nature Zone total cricket bites...
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Albino"
    1.1.0 Ball Python 100% "Het Albino"
    1.2.0 Ball Python "Pastel"
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Cinnamon Pastel"
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Spider"
    0.2.0 Ball Python "Normal"

I have used Flukers in the past, they love it. You know what I've been feeding my crickets though? I take puppy chow, dry, and grind it down in the blender then mix a calcium supplement into it. I also feed them fresh romaine leaves and those cricket total gut load bite thingys, although my hissng roaches like those a whole lot better than my crickets.

I bought 500 hundred crickets 3 weeks ago and have had very little casualties so far. For some reason my crickets stay alive for a long time. At least until I'm driven crazy from the chirping and finally release the last few out into the wild!!

I get my crickets from Bassetts and they seem really fat and healthy when I receive them. What do I know though?

I'm off to a huge reptile fair in San Jose, California this weekend. I wonder what lovely little creatures await me there..........

Fish food, fruit and veg, has everything you need in there.

i use the dry fluker's stuff and some apple pieces and lettuce leaves for moisture. i hate the smell if you give them water or wet cotton balls b/c the poop sticks to it and every 2-3 days you are changing it out.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried the cricket gutload from
    www.cricketfood.com?

I get my cricket, roach and superworm food from cricketfood.com. I order the premium blends that contain bee pollen and other good stuff.

They mix batches fresh and the quality is outstanding.
    Dory

1.1.0 Red Tegu
    1.0.0 Red X Blue Tegu

Anyone that has tried it, certainly gives it rave reviews, that's for sure! I can't wait to try it myself.

ive been using nature zones total bites and water crystals they really seem to like them . i also throw lettuce, apples and stuff like that in for them to munch on since the nature zone stuff is pretty expensive even with the deal i get from work.
    2.1.0 arg blk & wht tegus, blue tegu
    1.2.3 crested geckos
    1.2.0 bearded dragons
    1.2.0 timor monitors
    1.0.0 pastel red tail boa
    1.0.0 het pied ball python
    1.0.0 frilled dragon
    1.0.0 australian water dragon
    0.1.0 yellow anaconda

Default monkey chow

i just bought a bag of monkey chow for hurricane backup. Oh my god its great for crix soak it in water and sit a couple of pieces on the floor of the tank they love it!
    parents to iggys, savs, bearded dragons, water dragons, turtles, basilisks, leos, rotties, grinch, cockatiels and parakeets